Home

Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0ACHK)

This is a discussion on Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0ACHK) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deuce
I am comparing a sport that 2K and EA have been in direct competition with for the last 10 years.
Well you didnt compare Hockey where EA has killed them. EAs last baseball title is still considered the greatest of all time while 2Ks is considered a joke. Don King boxing was terrible compared to Fight Night. People get the point 2K made some good football games, but lets not blind ourselves from the fact that they are lacking in areas, and this years Madden looks good.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 12 video recent build, recorded last week of July at NYC event(thanks K0AC

Quote:
You do have some what of a point....

I have very high hopes for Madde 12 this year. As long as it is not plagued with Super LBs like NCAA, I will be happier than I have been.
You and me both lol. If it weren't for Super LBs, I would be a huge fan of NCAA. It's a little bit better in Madden usually, hopefully this year it's extremely extremely rare.

And I still like to go back and play those games and Backbreaker for nostalgic purposes (and Backbreaker because who doesn't love to see some of those hits?), but Madden is just a higher quality product now thankfully.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
Well you didnt compare Hockey where EA has killed them. EAs last baseball title is still considered the greatest of all time while 2Ks is considered a joke. Don King boxing was terrible compared to Fight Night. People get the point 2K made some good football games, but lets not blind ourselves from the fact that they are lacking in areas, and this years Madden looks good.
Agreed with everything that you just said, except that.

MLB The Show is the shniz.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #20
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

why does virtually every thread become a comparison between Madden and 2K?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Agreed with everything that you just said, except that.

MLB The Show is the shniz.
I like The Show also, and I do feel its better than MVP. Some still say MVP though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
I like The Show also, and I do feel its better than MVP. Some still say MVP though.
True.. I would like to see MVP in this gen because it would give us 2 good ball games.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

I havent seen the franchise mode in madden12 yet, so i cant say about stats overlays. I can tell u this, playing NBA1k11 and MLB2k11 play now modes, they have alot more stats banner than Maddens play now mode. Last year and looking at the videos from madden12, looks the same as far as stats, the only difference is they made the stat window look better.

They still show 3rd down conversion, QB stat at intro and it seems like stats of players as the game progress. Madden11 had these too, so its really no different, just better looking. What makes NBA2k11 and MLB2k11 so different in there in-game presentation, is there ability to categories the stats and display them in a broadcast manner with commentary about them. Madden13 suppose to get a commentary overhaul, but even with upgraded chatting, it wont immerse some without explaining what that team or player did and the stats that show it.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Great camera work. This video proves that tripods are useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »