Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
You admit that you only like the idea of Pro-tak, and not its actual implementation. That may be the problem. Pro-tak was a great idea, but there were too many issues with Pro-tak that may have forced the development team to lower the number of people involved in gang tackles and remove fight for the fumble. Also take into consideration that many people criticized it.

I believe that 9-man gang tackles and fight for the fumble will be back when the technology can better support it, but none of us are in the position to say for sure. Right now, the tackling works better without the larger gang tackles and more people seem content.
But doesnt that feel like another 1 step forward 2 steps back? Instead of building on the tech and making it work they scrap it and go back to what looks like tech we already had a couple years go.

Again, I think it looks fine but I am not sold on there being actual consecutive hit tackles. Then again...consecutive hit tackles is a tech that was introduced in all football games back in in 2003ish. Should we be excited about tech that is already so well known to the point that it could be considered obsolete?

Its almost like someone trying to convince us that we should be excited by the fact that they are installing lanterns in our house. Lanterns are good they get the job done but we have energy efficient light bulbs now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why so hostile?
*Closer* indeed.

I knew someone was eventually going to quote that post...lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
But doesnt that feel like another 1 step forward 2 steps back? Instead of building on the tech and making it work they scrap it and go back to what looks like tech we already had a couple years go.

Again, I think it looks fine but I am not sold on there being actual consecutive hit tackles. Then again...consecutive hit tackles is a tech that was introduced in all football games back in in 2003ish. Should we be excited about tech that is already so well known to the point that it could be considered obsolete?

Its almost like someone trying to convince us that we should be excited by the fact that they are installing lanterns in our house. Lanterns are good they get the job done but we have energy efficient light bulbs now.
I don't really understand why double hit tackles or fill in the blank number, up to 9 man tackles are that important. As long as the tackling feels right, is close to what you see on Sundays and there's not a bunch of cheese plays exploiting the tackling engine or whatever, why does it really matter?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #44
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
HA. I was and am a huge fan of the IDEA of ProTak. ProTak itself sucked completely and made so very little sense it was almost laughable. But when it was introduced I felt it was a great starting point if they worked on it but again it seems like they abandoned it almost altogether.
Sood, we all have no choice but to accept the fact that for whatever reason, next gen Madden has been plagued with foundational programming issues from the start. So when we get "corporate spin" about what's going on, we just have to read between the lines and realize it's hard to fix something so obviously broken, within the given timelines and resources that existed the past 6 years. That's not our fault as consumers but "it is what it is".

With all these truly new changes being made to Madden leadership, like Cam Weber, AJ, NCAA dynasties Roy Harvey and 1st time changes to the core Madden game, like DPP, new commentary engine, real network broadcast, HC 09 features and FIFA-isk technology, there is some evidence for this years tackling system actually being a solid foundation for the future. Even if in reality it is just mostly a rehash from past Maddens, it makes sense to go back to what worked right before trying to make it better.

I am not defending EA for Madden or suggesting you should believe what people say instead of "your lying eyes". Just look past all the spin and hype, this is a business after all, lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #45
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Anyone want to tell me what the difference between this years "new" collision detection tackling engine and Madden 08's pre non-annimation getting in the way..tackling engine?

They seem the same to me.

I know that you've been saying this for awhile, but I don't believe Madden 12's tackling is the same as Madden 08's. I haven't played Madden 08 in a long time (I hated everything about that game BTW), so I may not be able to give you a fair statement, but I will say that the big thing that Madden's new collision system claims is the lack of suction and full control of the player until impact. Did Madden 08 offer this?

Quote:

The bottom line is that you are in the minority. I hope the Madden team will bring the pile-ups and 9-man gang tackles back too, but as an above poster said, it is best to go with what worked right before trying to make it better.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #46
Banned

xJayman5's Arena

OVR: 4

Just dnt buy the freaking GAME! easy as that.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I know that you've been saying this for awhile, but I don't believe Madden 12's tackling is the same as Madden 08's. I haven't played Madden 08 in a long time (I hated everything about that game BTW), so I may not be able to give you a fair statement, but I will say that the big thing that Madden's new collision system claims is the lack of suction and full control of the player until impact. Did Madden 08 offer this.
Yes it did. I don't know if the demo is still out there..but the game can be found for $2-$5. But that video gives a good example and has a gang tackle along the sideline toward the end.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJayman5
Just dnt buy the freaking GAME! easy as that.
Why are you so angry?

Maybe in the future they will have the high impact double hits and a situation appropriate and improved PRO-TAK. I think that would be perfect.

No context needed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »