Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #49
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
But doesnt that feel like another 1 step forward 2 steps back? Instead of building on the tech and making it work they scrap it and go back to what looks like tech we already had a couple years go.

Again, I think it looks fine but I am not sold on there being actual consecutive hit tackles. Then again...consecutive hit tackles is a tech that was introduced in all football games back in in 2003ish. Should we be excited about tech that is already so well known to the point that it could be considered obsolete?

Its almost like someone trying to convince us that we should be excited by the fact that they are installing lanterns in our house. Lanterns are good they get the job done but we have energy efficient light bulbs now.
When ever somebody shows you video proof of consecutive hit tackles you dismiss it saying that its to separate animations. Personally, I feel the tackling looks leaps and bounds better in Madden 12 than it has in years past. But you are arguing against something you haven't even played yet or had the chance to play, and whenever somebody gives their opinion you just complain about it and add nothing new other than what you have already said.

I just don't understand whats the point of starting a discussion about something you don't intend to discuss on, just complain about.

Why not wait until it's out?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Dude, this isnt a bash at you but seriously, I AM SO F%*%*%ING SICK OF THIS EXCUSE. Every damn year with this.

I swear EA should change the motto to, "If its in the Game, its not in the Early Build, Alpha, Beta, Demo, Pre-Patch."
The video you are referring to is from any early build, also the demo was made months ago. Sorry bud, just giving the facts.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #51
Banned

xJayman5's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Why are you so angry?

Maybe in the future they will have the high impact double hits and a situation appropriate and improved PRO-TAK. I think that would be perfect.
Trust me im not mad at all. im a proud madden owner. im just saying if you dnt like the game, make it easy for you and for us to just not buy the game. but whats really funny is that ALL of you that bring this game down and say it sucks every year, will be the first one in line at the mid-night lanuch. so please stop with all the crying you guys our doing. but any way i belive this will be the best madden in recent years. because they fixed FRANCHIES MODE and thats the only reason why i buy madden every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why so hostile?
Yes... My sentiments exactly. Dude seems irate over early builds that aren't tuned.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

@Jayman But no one in this thread said the game sucked or whined or anything else you just mentioned. I think the OP is just wondering why PRO-TAK seemingly was scrapped just 2 years after being touted as the answer to real time physics and the savior of tackling as we know it.

No context needed

Last edited by nyj721; 08-07-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #54
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

OVR: 4

if i could figure out how to get the embedding to work seeing i cant see the video in the preview post id post it but heres a link from Versuz2 from youtube on the Protak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kivw9wVfD1E

...wish i could figure out how to get the embed to work. if any1 knows send me a message on how to.

GT: xGBx Boogie
Xbox Series X
PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, RTX 4080, 32GB Ram
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #55
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I asked this very same question last year...
Curious as to where this thread is now, since it's not in your (all NBA2k until today) posting history?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
@Jayman But no one in this thread said the game sucked or whined or anything else you just mentioned. I think the OP is just wondering why PRO-TAK seemingly was scrapped just 2 years after being touted as the answer to real time physics and the savior of tackling as we know it.

Again, in the new era of OS you cant even bring up anything or people fly off the handle because they are so defensive about the game. The funny thing is, most of the time they are the ones who derail threads into flame wars because they bring up things that were not intended.

I wanted to talk about ProTak and the tackling and already we have had NCAA, why do people hate madden, dont buy the game, dont be mad over early builds, who works for who, blah blah blah.

There has yet to be a single bash in the thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »