Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

^^^
That a pretty weak attempt. Those animations he referenced in his iniatial are in no way comparable to "refs throwing actual flags" and "carrying violations" in basketball games. Come on now man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 10

Cant edit so:
*Thats*
*initial post*
Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomymac23
Okay I've read this entire thread and what I'm seeing is someone seems to have their own eyes closed. "Sood" really! I'm not understanding what you want. I'm confused! From your post you seem like an older guy, but I may be wrong... One thing everyone has failed to realize is that football has remained the same since the PS2 days. A tackle is still a tackle. Consecutive hit tackles still happen and will continue to happen until football is no longer a sport played. I watch a LOT of football and I dont remember seeing a lot of 5, 6, or 7 man pile ups. You want something that doesn't happen very often to be in the game.

LOL its like complaining about and asking for flops, double dribbling calls, carrying calls, real time injuries, and animations of refs actually going to the scorers table to make the call to be in NBA 2K. Its not there no sense in complaining about it. Does the gameplay look good feel good etc... Thats what is most important. You want it all! I know I know. We all want it all. But that's not business 101. When you figure out that this is (at the end of the day a consumer electronic product) and there's a marketing scheme behind it, then you will come to understand that your not going to get everything. You will get just enough to keep you coming back for more.

Trust and believe they have technology that they are working on that no one has seen, that does all of what we want in a football game (every aspect), but if they were to give us everything what would be the need of buying another game... What would they sell you on...

I've been all over Madden for some time now and have just resorted to playing NCAA and getting madden teams from teambuilder (seriously). After seeing/playing this game @ E3, there is no doubt Madden is back in a big way. Looks and plays very well.

What they did is tone down the tackle animations to a more controllable realistic level. They also seem to put the ballcarrier in situations that dont warrant them of having to expose something that is not ready for prime time ie. protak (Dieon reference gotta get him a least one plug) I want the refs to throw actual flags. Its not in there I bet. But does it play a really good game of football. In my opinion from what I saw @ E3 yes.

TMAC
UCLA Fan
Waaaa? I dont even....huh? I am just going to smile and nod because I truly have no idea what in the world you are on about.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, you can't say Madden without some infusion of NCAA. Even in Madden interviews they will acknowledge that Madden and NCAA are sharing a lot of technologies.
Sharing technology and sharing code using the technology isn't the same.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Sharing technology and sharing code using the technology isn't the same.
Dont even try my friend. These people flip flop more than the shoe of the same name.

Its true for as long as they want to argue to push that point across. People will argue that they are the same while its positive but when it turns negative they will flip instantly and talk about how they are so different from each other.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJayman5
Trust me im not mad at all. im a proud madden owner. im just saying if you dnt like the game, make it easy for you and for us to just not buy the game. but whats really funny is that ALL of you that bring this game down and say it sucks every year, will be the first one in line at the mid-night lanuch. so please stop with all the crying you guys our doing. but any way i belive this will be the best madden in recent years. because they fixed FRANCHIES MODE and thats the only reason why i buy madden every year.
There is NO OTHER CHOICE for an NFL Video Game.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #71
Rookie

MiNiDiTkA's Arena

OVR: 3

Haven't seen many vids of 12 but does the new tackling look similar to the vids I posted ? If so then thats a big improvemt over 11.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #72
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
Dont even try my friend. These people flip flop more than the shoe of the same name.

Its true for as long as they want to argue to push that point across. People will argue that they are the same while its positive but when it turns negative they will flip instantly and talk about how they are so different from each other.
This is getting ridiculous. Why can't you accept the facts? Madden and NCAA have a central gameplay team, therefore both games will play mostly the same gameplay-wise.
Other things besides the gameplay are controlled by the different teams respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaming Tailgate
In the latest edition of the Madden NFL developers podcast, creative director Ian Cummings & ratings expert Donny Moore were joined by a member of the Central Gameplay team, Larry Richart. Central Gameplay designers help keep a base code & features between the two EA Tiburon football franchises, Madden NFL and NCAA Football.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Gameplay-Team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »