Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Cribbs at 79 is an absolute joke. 23 catches, 293 yards and 1 TD. What about that makes EA think that he is deserves an overall rating of a starting receiver? I would say rate him 65. No higher.
Dude. He is rated as a horrible WR in this game. His catching and route running are both in the 60's I believe. The only thing he's good at in the game is returns and after the catch.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Dude. He is rated as a horrible WR in this game. His catching and route running are both in the 60's I believe. The only thing he's good at in the game is returns and after the catch.
Still, that rating is supposed to be representative of his overall receiving abilities and you cannot argue that he is the best receiver on the Browns. 79 is not representative of his overall contributions to the team, but is representative of his receiver rating. They can make the dude fast and a great returner without making him a decent receiver.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #27

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Still, that rating is supposed to be representative of his overall receiving abilities and you cannot argue that he is the best receiver on the Browns. 79 is not representative of his overall contributions to the team, but is representative of his receiver rating. They can make the dude fast and a great returner without making him a decent receiver.
It's representative of his overall abilities as an NFL player. He's one of the best return men in the NFL and is excellent after the catch. However, he just isn't a good WR, as shown by his ratings. If anything, the complaint should be about the formula used to arrive at the overall rating, but Cribbs actual ratings are pretty much right where they should be; his overall is just way too high for a WR.

Edit: And he is not rated as a decent wide receiver at all. The only guy on his team with worse hands at WR is the 53 overall guy. The only guy on the Patriots with better hands is their 52 overall WR. Nobody on the Jets has worse hands. The only guys on the Dolphins with worse hands are a 52 and 48 overall WR. The only guy on the Bills with worse hands is their 60 overall WR. His route running is equally as bad. His spectacular catch is equally as bad. And his catching in traffic is slightly better but still bad. Where in there does it sound like he's a pretty decent WR?

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-08-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #28
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

Mike Wallace= 90 overall
Emmanuel Sanders = about 77 overall
Antonio Brown = Low to mid 70's overall
Rashard Mendenhall = 90 overall
Issac Redman = Low to mid 70's overall
Mewelde Moore left off roster (wrong, he is still on the team)
Baron Batch = High 60's overall
Byron Leftwich is better than Charlie Batch
The O-Line started improving last year and there was no love there.
Bryant McFadden = 80 overall
William Gay = 74 to 77 overall

Oh and Payton Hillis will never be better than Mendenhall EVER.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
A few things that jump out at me:

Hines Ward is still and 86 (too high), Emmanuel Sanders only a 70.

Big Ben 94 throw power and 89 throw accuracy and 94 overall?! Field day! I expected around a 91ish.

Wow Timmons is so much better than Farrior, so how is Farrior a 91? I had Farrior at 80-83 range.

Stevenson Sylvester is only an 57 overall, I can't wait to see that rise throughout the course of the season.

Ike Taylor finally gets recognition for his speed at 95. Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler only a 59 and 58 respectively. Hopefully those will rise throughout the course of the season as well.
I understand where you're coming from with your ratings, but Donny is doing what they are currently. Ward, while declining, is still our most dependable WR. A lot of people said Farrior had one of his better years last year. While Sylvester and Sanders will make big leaps this season, they are accurate in terms of where they are now. I respect your ratings Kwab, but they seem to predict what they will be after this season (Sanders and Sylvester breaking out while Farrior and Ward decline) but nothing so far shows why his ratings aren't what they actually should be.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I understand where you're coming from with your ratings, but Donny is doing what they are currently. Ward, while declining, is still our most dependable WR. A lot of people said Farrior had one of his better years last year. While Sylvester and Sanders will make big leaps this season, they are accurate in terms of where they are now. I respect your ratings Kwab, but they seem to predict what they will be after this season (Sanders and Sylvester breaking out while Farrior and Ward decline) but nothing so far shows why his ratings aren't what they actually should be.
People forget that Farrior puts up 100+ tackle seasons like clockwork.

Sanders has major durability concerns right now with his foot.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #31

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
People forget that Farrior puts up 100+ tackle seasons like clockwork.

Sanders has major durability concerns right now with his foot.
I would still think after last year that Timmons would now be the higher rated of the two, especially when you factor in that he's coming into his prime while Farrior is on the decline.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I would still think after last year that Timmons would now be the higher rated of the two, especially when you factor in that he's coming into his prime while Farrior is on the decline.
Farrior is still a constant performer in that defense. Timmons exploded last year, and is Farrior's heir apparent, if not already.

Maybe it's me, but sometimes I look at default Madden ratings and think they might have the "it'll fix itself when they progress" mindset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »