Home

Ratings team did a terrible job this year?

This is a discussion on Ratings team did a terrible job this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Ratings team did a terrible job this year?

Aside from a subjective opinion here and there, Donny Moore did fine.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I think terrible is a strong word and while I haven't looked at all of the team ratings, the ones I've seen don't appear to be all that inflated.

After reading this thread, I went and looked at the Browns ratings. Cribbs is a 79 as you indicated, but he's also the highest rated receiver on that team.

I also looked at the backfield for Pittsburgh. Mendenhall is a little high with an 88 (?), but his back ups are in the 60's.

I think ratings are one of those subjective things that people will never agree on. I'm not disputing that they couldn't be stretched some more. However, I certainly don't think they've been terrible to this point.
Wow, really? Josh Cribbs is rated higher than Massaquoi and Robiskie? That's embarrassing. And let's not get carried away here when we use the word "team". It's one guy who does the ratings, and they are looking a lot like the final roster update for Madden 11.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

These ratings need to be as objective as possible. Especially when it comes to measurable things like speed, strength, acceleration, jump...

No boosting players because they won a superbowl, because they made the cover etc. How Hillis gets 87 speed, 91 accel, and 87 juke is beyond me. There's several players who are just as fast/faster that are rated slower because they aren't as big of a name (I'm assuming.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
These ratings need to be as objective as possible. Especially when it comes to measurable things like speed, strength, acceleration, jump...

No boosting players because they won a superbowl, because they made the cover etc. How Hillis gets 87 speed, 91 accel, and 87 juke is beyond me. There's several players who are just as fast/faster that are rated slower because they aren't as big of a name (I'm assuming.)
That's exactly right. The problem with this, also, is that speed in Madden has way too much of an effect. You can simply construct a team with terribly rated players that have super high speed and agility and you can dominate. It's incredibly ridiculous. The bigger question to be asked is why is there a single guy doing all of the ratings for over 1000 players? That makes no sense. Not to mention, it's frightening when I see him all over twitter asking about player numbers and other measurables. Really? Just wait until things are finalized. Player numbers change after camp occasionally as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

The EA guys fell in love with Woodhead. Why else would they pick him as a candidate for THE COVER of Madden 12? His selection as a candidate was a joke.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
The EA guys fell in love with Woodhead. Why else would they pick him as a candidate for THE COVER of Madden 12? His selection as a candidate was a joke.
Well, it's similar to how they fall in love with highlight plays. They see something happen once on some crazy play and the next thing you know it happens every 10 plays in Madden. Things like the David Tyree catch, or the 6 man gang tackle that MJD and AP seem to be able to break out of every other play.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well.. Woodhead did run a 4.33 40..

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...68396071_x.htm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Wow, really? Josh Cribbs is rated higher than Massaquoi and Robiskie? That's embarrassing. And let's not get carried away here when we use the word "team". It's one guy who does the ratings, and they are looking a lot like the final roster update for Madden 11.
What's embarrassing about it? You have a pulse on the Browns team? I don't watch their games personally, but I figure Cribbs to still be their most dangerous weapon outside of the White Rhino.

I'm not sure who threw out the word team as far as the ratings go -- I didn't imply that.

Why would M12's initial ratings be drastically different from the M11 final update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »