Home

Ratings team did a terrible job this year?

This is a discussion on Ratings team did a terrible job this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Ratings team did a terrible job this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
Ya but it was an awesome playoff run ^^

haha yeah it was a pretty sexy run
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
yeah i would be happy with them both being in the 84-86 range. I should not have to spend my first 2 hours with the game stretching the ratings.
Yeah, I usually spend days once I get the game setting up my own ratings before I even play a game.

So worth it though playing the game with players playing how you want them to and having elite players dominating being significantly higher than the average guys.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

bingo. i thought madden was the 33rd NFL franchise. why would they need to go on twitter to find out anything? shouldnt it be provided via the league? my issue is with the obsession with single play and highlights as well. logic says if you raise haloti's swim move rating when tosses a guy, you lower it when he gets stoned by an OL.

thats the problem with trying to rate people every week. weekly transactions? sure. but updating ratings should happen every 4 weeks.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't disagree with everything in the original post, but I think this is another case of people overrating the Overall rating. What matters are individual ratings. I don't care that Terrence Cody is a 72 OVR in Madden 11, he is a beast NT in the game. He isn't a fast pass rusher, but he is shut down in the run game, and he should be given his individual ratings.

Once you realize [and keep in mind] that OVR ratings are really just there for the computer to organize the depth chart, make free agent signings and trades, then this topic will not bother you as much.

Quote:
Why have CJ2k when a role player will be able to perform the task just as well?
Well, that is a question the Patriots ask when they are building their team. For example, in the NFL draft Mark Ingram was on the board still near the end of the 1st round. The Patriots decided to trade that pick away to the Saints, who then drafted Ingram. Later in the late 2ed and 3rd rounds, the Pats used picks to take two running backs. Obviously they didn't want Ingram for what ever reason, and/or they felt they could get more value out of trading that pick than they would by selecting him. People say he may be the next Emmit Smith, and he kind of looks like him too. If that's true, wouldn't you want to draft him? Especially when your starting running back "is just a role player?"
Old 08-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't disagree with everything in the original post, but I think this is another case of people overrating the Overall rating. What matters are individual ratings. I don't care that Terrence Cody is a 72 OVR in Madden 11, he is a beast NT in the game. He isn't a fast pass rusher, but he is shut down in the run game, and he should be given his individual ratings.

Once you realize [and keep in mind] that OVR ratings are really just there for the computer to organize the depth chart, make free agent signings and trades, then this topic will not bother you as much.

Well, that is a question the Patriots ask when they are building their team. For example, in the NFL draft Mark Ingram was on the board still near the end of the 1st round. The Patriots decided to trade that pick away to the Saints, who then drafted Ingram. Later in the late 2ed and 3rd rounds, the Pats used picks to take two running backs. Obviously they didn't want Ingram for what ever reason, and/or they felt they could get more value out of trading that pick than they would by selecting him. People say he may be the next Emmit Smith, and he kind of looks like him too. If that's true, wouldn't you want to draft him? Especially when your starting running back "is just a role player?"

comparing cj2k and mark ingram is ridiculous, cj is a MUCH better player then ingram, they do not even play alike.

CJ is a burner and a threat to score whenever he touches the ball, ingram or even emmit smith where not big play threats. CJ is an elite talent, i dont think ingram will ever be labeled in a top 5 in the nfl category.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #30
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
haha yeah it was a pretty sexy run
Warning: Language is bad lol

Spoiler
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Great point.

It's just such a chore to sift through all of the meaningless ratings to get to the core ones necessary for that position's success. Oh well...
Old 08-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
What's embarrassing about it? You have a pulse on the Browns team? I don't watch their games personally, but I figure Cribbs to still be their most dangerous weapon outside of the White Rhino.

I'm not sure who threw out the word team as far as the ratings go -- I didn't imply that.

Why would M12's initial ratings be drastically different from the M11 final update?

actually cribbs should be highest rated wr massaquoi couldnt catch a cold let along a football last yr robiskie cant even get into starting line up so why should there ratings be higher then somebody that actually produces? and now massaquoi is out with an ankle injury so u know his ratings are gonna drop more lol.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »