Home

xbox 360 holding madden back?

This is a discussion on xbox 360 holding madden back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: xbox 360 holding madden back?

ok fellows true info : both systems have 512mb of ram yes ps3 has 512 dics space has alot to do with contant.....commatary,,,,blah blah ....physic can be done backbreaker anyone....better system depends on the games you like.....yes ps3 has a better cpu yes 360 has a better video card.......gee guys comedown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Blu Ray offers more disc space, but the PS3 has a slower "read time" than the 360 and DVD. It isn't about the disc space, it's about what's on the disc for me. The only thing that I could see DVD holding Madden back with is if the Madden team decided to put tons of uncompressed crowd noises or commentary audio files on the disc itself.

For games like Oblivion, which is a huge game, most of the disc is taken up by audio. The game itself is fairly small.
Okay... but what did that have to do with what I wrote? I never talked about disc space. I was talking about programing. From what I have been told by EA and others who know, programing for the 360 is less difficult.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought I clicked on OS...why am I at ign's boards?

Couple of additional things.

One-people from EA claim the 2 games are developed separately (ie not ported) so the codebase is different for each game. This was stated repeatedly by one of the devs in the NCAA forum.

Two-EA mandates feature parity across the two main platforms. What this means is that the PS3 version of the game cannot ship with something that the xbox360 version doesn't, and vice versa. A user has to be able to go into a store and pick up the game for either platform and get the same basic experience.

Three-There are some ways in which the PS3 is less powerful than the 360, namely in terms of VRAM. The poster who stated that they both have 512mb of ram is correct. However, the big difference is that the 512 on the PS3 is split 256 for video and 256 for the system, while the 360 has a shared 512mb, most of which gets dedicated to video. Big difference as the 360 can almost always go above 256mb of memory, while the ps3 caps out at that level.

Four-The 360 is much easier to develop for, as its main system architecture is closer to a PC than the PS3. A PS3 lead SKU could potentially be a worse performer, depending on the familiarity and skill of the developers. Obviously PS3 exclusives by companies that get assistance from Sony (Naughty Dog, Insomniac, etc) create games that look generally better than any 360 exclusives made by **** or Bungie/343, but Sony hasn't been willing to engage third parties in the same way as their exclusive devs in order to fully implement the power of their system.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-08-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Cleared up language regarding memory specs
Old 08-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #28
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
PS3 has 1 core, 7 SPEs. SPEs aren't cores.

Animations and commentary aren't determined by disc space.......That is determined by the RAM and graphics chip the system has.

Xbox 360 has ACTUAL 3 cores.

PS3 has 256mb of RAM
360 has 512mb of RAM

This isn't accurate with regards to RAM. As mrprice said, this isn't IGN, so I won't get into it.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

With all due respect OP, this thread was a mistake on many levels.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Memory:

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

click
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #31
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Memory:

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

click

Or we could get into I suppose lol.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Or we could get into I suppose lol.
Just wanted to make sure we had clarity for the OP lol. It's not that these things can't and shouldn't be discussed, it's that when they are people should back up their assumptions with facts and try to treat the subject with maturity and intelligence.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »