Home

xbox 360 holding madden back?

This is a discussion on xbox 360 holding madden back? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: xbox 360 holding madden back?

Really has anyone played NBA 2k11 or NHL 11? They are the sports games I ever played and I have them for 360. I don't understand how 360 is holding Madden back. If EA wanted to make Madden on the same caliber as other sports game they need to invest more money into the product.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Give me a BREAK!!!!! you can blame EVERY game maker, sony, & MS....not just the 360.......Look at games on the PC, we all agree & specs tells the truth, PS3 & 360 is a PC, if they give us the best games they can, they would not be able to make the Next Gen of consoles anything, Cut me a break....they hold this games back for a reason & it's not because of the consoles are weak, We would pass out in the floor if we seen what they REALLY could give us, bet your azz!!!! on that one.....
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
is it not true that the 360 only has 3 cells to work with and ps3 has 7? is it not true that the discs the 360 an read can only handle around 20-25 gigs and ps3 can handle blu ray which is around 50?? that sounds like 1/2 the power to me.

and altho i said graphics could be ugraded. disc space was not my argument for graphics. it is my argument for more stuff. like more commentary, highlights that go the full play, more animations, etc etc.

to the person who has a 360, i am sorry if i offended you. i had a 360 til i got the red rings. but the game often plays better on 360 because that is what it is made on.
You are 100% correct on the limitations of the 360. I'm not going to say that it is holding Madden back. But any cross platform games have to be built for the weaker system. And disc space is a huge issue when building a complex game such as football. Look at some of the games cross platform this gen. How many have had to have multiple discs on 360? The answer is several bit that is not possible for a sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #36
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemack38
Give me a BREAK!!!!! you can blame EVERY game maker, sony, & MS....not just the 360.......Look at games on the PC, we all agree & specs tells the truth, PS3 & 360 is a PC, if they give us the best games they can, they would not be able to make the Next Gen of consoles anything, Cut me a break....they hold this games back for a reason & it's not because of the consoles are weak, We would pass out in the floor if we seen what they REALLY could give us, bet your azz!!!! on that one.....
Considering my 4 year old Mac Pro with a 2 year old video card is roughly twice as powerful as the 360, I think we're getting about as far as we can in terms of graphics. 512mb of shared system and video memory isn't much when you consider some people (like me) roll around with 13 GIGS of shared system memory.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
From what I'm told, it is more difficult/time consuming to make a game for the PS3 than it is for the 360... that it takes less time/effort to make it for the 360 and just port it over to the PS3 than the other way around.
That is true. That is most cross platform sports games are built for 360 then brought over to PS3. And that is where you see the limitation on disc based content. In a perfect world consoles would be able to be upgraded like a pc.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #38
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
You are 100% correct on the limitations of the 360. I'm not going to say that it is holding Madden back. But any cross platform games have to be built for the weaker system. And disc space is a huge issue when building a complex game such as football. Look at some of the games cross platform this gen. How many have had to have multiple discs on 360? The answer is several bit that is not possible for a sports game.
The only place where disc space really helps is in terms of art and audio, as well as FMV. Catherine, a game that was released on both systems on one disc, had its audio and video heavily compressed, but it didn't change the core gameplay or the experience of playing it.

Besides, there are ways around everything. If EA felt they had the time, and if it was worth it, they could include (for example) multiple announce teams. The game could ship on 2 discs and require installation on the 360 (ala Forza and Dragon Age Ultimate Edition).

There are 2 main impediments to the game being everything people on here want it to be. One is how far behind they were in their development after the 06/07/08 games, and one is the 1 year dev cycle. The latter is a critical impediment if you have gameplay concerns before adding bells and whistles.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-08-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The only place where disc space really helps is in terms of art and audio, as well as FMV. Catherine, a game that was released on both systems on one disc, had its audio and video heavily compressed, but it didn't change the core gameplay or the experience of playing it.
It all depends on the amount of content being stored on the disk. Sports games and their multiple modes take way more space on a disk than any other genre.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaSteve85
Really has anyone played NBA 2k11 or NHL 11? They are the sports games I ever played and I have them for 360. I don't understand how 360 is holding Madden back. If EA wanted to make Madden on the same caliber as other sports game they need to invest more money into the product.
This. If the 360 is holding Madden back, how come it isn't holding any other great sports games like NBA 2k or Fifa back?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »