Home

Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

This is a discussion on Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

I asked this very same question last year and everyone stomp their feet and pitch a solid *#$%# about it. They called me stupid, they said I was just making things up to complain about it etc etc. Then when the game came out I was 100 percent right in every way. This year is no different and I have to ask the very same question......WHERE THE HELL IS PROTAK?!?!? I understand they announce some type of impact tackling system but since I have no idea what it is I will still refer to it as ProTak.

Now this is very much a serious non bashing question and every video in here will be from EA. I think this topic deserves to be discussed and I believe fans should be OUTRAGED that it hasnt been address. This is where I believe OS does us all a huge disservice because they are so anti-bash Madden that they dont even bring up obvious real questions.

ProTak was announce to be the savior of the tackling system that EA ADMITTED was completely broken when they annouce ProTak. Now I think it safe to say that the majority of people actually love the idea of Protak but many disagreed with how it was implemented. The "Hugging" was discussed to death but the result was that many people felt that with a couple of years of improvement that ProTak would be fantastic.

Now its 2012 and here is what we got. Click ahead to 2:26 mark. Turner makes a run up the middle and gets tackled by 2 eagles from behind. There are 2 eagle player standing in front of this tackle animation for a total of 4 eagles players and 1 Falcons player. Can you guess what happens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...HvZRMzg#at=146

Thats right the exact same crappy 2 man gangtackle (which was in 2003 then taken out and then put back years later) that results in the 2 Eagles players SLIDING OFF AND FALLING DOWN with no impact what so ever. Its the same animations and interaction that have been in the game forever.

This is football people a form of ProTak should happen % 99.9 of the time.

In the same video from above please click to 3:51 in which Rodgers preforms a HB draw. 3 Eagles meet him in the backfield, how do 3 Eagles meet in the backfield is beyond me but thats for a topic about the line, anyway here is another perfect example of where ProTak should trigger and what is the result? One guy goes into an extended 1 man tackling animation that makes NO SENSE what so ever given the situation while the other 2 fall to the ground making no impact on the play what so ever. Please note the Offensive lineman who basically runs in place while this is all going down. ProTak was suppose to accept 7 or 8 people interacting with each other. Clearly this isnt the case once again.

I think it is an absolute tragedy that once again Tiburon announces a feature that they claim to be the ultimate game changer, we buy into it for that year and they pull the rug out from under us. We also should be extremely disappointed in OS coverage of Madden. (I looked and couldnt find anything...feel free to point me in the direction of where I might find this info)

Again, this thread not intended for a flame war but I would really really like to know why in 2012 players are still wearing skates on the football field. You invent a tech then get rid of it the very next year. I just dont understand. Do we just not care about tackling anymore?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Here is where I anger everyone by asking a serious question.

they did say that this is the first year of momentum based tackling and going to work on it from what it is now which is way more realistic than they have had years past.

Robinson: How does this change gang tackles? How many players can be involved in the same tackle in "Madden 12"?

Scantlebury: Instead of having tackles where guys are stood up and other defenders are adding on just for the sake of the gang tackle, now we have a much stronger, much more powerful impact that knocks the ball carrier down almost immediately.

Frazier: A lot of what we have right now are consecutive impact tackles. While we don't have eight or nine guys in a big scrum like Pro-Tak, what we have now is much faster. You'll have one guy who is actively in a tackle animation with the ball carrier, then another guy will come in and clean up the hit. A third guy can still come in and knock that pile to the side or knock it back, but it really just depends on how many guys come in contact with the tackle from the point of collision to the point they hit the ground. There's no more stand up where you have eight or nine guys chopping away.

Scantlebury: What we lost with Pro-Tak was the controlled impact of the collision. We got that back. You won't see guys just staggering around as the pile stacks up anymore.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

GT: xGBx Boogie
Xbox Series X
PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, RTX 4080, 32GB Ram

Last edited by Hilldog39; 08-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
they did say that this is the first year of momentum based tackling and going to work on it from what it is now which is way more realistic than they have had years past.

Robinson: How does this change gang tackles? How many players can be involved in the same tackle in "Madden 12"?

Scantlebury: Instead of having tackles where guys are stood up and other defenders are adding on just for the sake of the gang tackle, now we have a much stronger, much more powerful impact that knocks the ball carrier down almost immediately.

Frazier: A lot of what we have right now are consecutive impact tackles. While we don't have eight or nine guys in a big scrum like Pro-Tak, what we have now is much faster. You'll have one guy who is actively in a tackle animation with the ball carrier, then another guy will come in and clean up the hit. A third guy can still come in and knock that pile to the side or knock it back, but it really just depends on how many guys come in contact with the tackle from the point of collision to the point they hit the ground. There's no more stand up where you have eight or nine guys chopping away.

Scantlebury: What we lost with Pro-Tak was the controlled impact of the collision. We got that back. You won't see guys just staggering around as the pile stacks up anymore.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory
That is great and all but in the videos that are currently out there I see no evidence of this what so ever. I am in the same confusion of the last few years, why is it so hard to find visually proof of the features Tiburon announces. Clearly in the video I posted none of this is evident.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Banned

You're totally correct and this is the reason Madden is far from what you see on Sundays. These details remind me that I'm playing a game, rather than being immersed in the experience. Lol at 2:26 and the bowling pin animations.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sood
That is great and all but in the videos that are currently out there I see no evidence of this what so ever. I am in the same confusion of the last few years, why is it so hard to find visually proof of the features Tiburon announces. Clearly in the video I posted none of this is evident.
i believe that video you linked to was still a earlier build. i guess we will find out when the demo comes tuesday.

Xbox Series X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
i believe that video you linked to was still a earlier build. i guess we will find out when the demo comes tuesday.

Dude, this isnt a bash at you but seriously, I AM SO F%*%*%ING SICK OF THIS EXCUSE. Every damn year with this.

I swear EA should change the motto to, "If its in the Game, its not in the Early Build, Alpha, Beta, Demo, Pre-Patch."
Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

My advice is to download the demo of NCAA or rent NCAA. I love the momentum and the tackling in NCAA, it's much better than the past and they share the same technologies.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My advice is to download the demo of NCAA or rent NCAA. I love the momentum and the tackling in NCAA, it's much better than the past and they share the same technologies.
i know where your coming from ive had a 4 man tackle one time...but it doesn't happen often. i get 3 quite a bit but mostly 2 man and 1 man tackles. even in real life you don't see a 3-5 or more man tackle that often.

Xbox Series X
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »