Home

Should I Get Madden this Year?

This is a discussion on Should I Get Madden this Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5
Should I Get Madden this Year?

I've heard its supposed to be good but do you guys really think so? And do you think its enough for me to pre order it and get 20 dollars off on amazon.
i got madden 11 and ncaa 11, but im not getting ncaa 12.

so do you guys think its worth it even though i have 11. Any feedback would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Should I Get Madden this Year?

Play the demo and decide for yourself.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

This is a very subjective question, if you enjoyed Madden 11 the I would say that you would probably enjoy Madden 12. It's all about how you personally like the game. So like it was said above, just play the demo and gain some info off the net (there are many great threads on here) and you can make a good decision on the game.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5

unfortunetly i dont have xbox gold so i cant play the demo
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=500979

Check this out, it'll give you a good idea about the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I would say yes. It sounds like a great upgrade to me with some of the little things in franchise, as well as better presentation(still hoping for more dynamic commentary on certain things like super bowl wins, playoffs, etc) but overall, I'd say its a buy for this year.

Myself, I'm not sure I'll buy because I student teach this fall. I don't wanna buy a game if I do not have time to log long hours on it, especially a sports game that I will get every year most of the time and I'm a VERY seasonal sports game fan. So by the time I have time to play with it in December football season is almost over and then there's Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls 5, COD MW3, etc, coming out that I will be backlogged on due to student teaching. So, in short, I HATE student teaching.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

this Madden engine is outdated and honestly they ALL play the same. Ya, add all the cosmetics you want, better presentation/ graphics, but the core gameplay remains the same year in and out and thats the # 1 issue with me. It just plays dull. I hope they come up with something new from scratch for next generation launch.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo
this Madden engine is outdated and honestly they ALL play the same. Ya, add all the cosmetics you want, better presentation/ graphics, but the core gameplay remains the same year in and out and thats the # 1 issue with me. It just plays dull. I hope they come up with something new from scratch for next generation launch.
Again, it's very subjective. The demo won't tell you anything. Most of the Madden "haters" will fork up the 60 bucks anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »