Home

Why do YOU do 32 user controlled team franchises?

This is a discussion on Why do YOU do 32 user controlled team franchises? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
Why do YOU do 32 user controlled team franchises?

The title says it all... What do you find so fun about controlling the entire nfl???
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why do YOU do 32 user controlled team franchises?

I do it to play what I call Season Mode. I like to play with the real rosters w/no trades or injuries. This years expanded rosters and cuts have all but eliminated 32 team control/ season mode.
I might have to change how I play the game.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Because it's the only way to give franchise mode a semblance of reality. Madden would be a no-buy for me without 32 team control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

No, am am not entertained by out-of the-box franchise mode. I use 32 team control to eliminate a lot of CPU stupidity.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

I have to agree with you on this CPU logic , Fake UDFA make the team while player who actually play IRL are left on the FA pool. The draft logic still drafts Qb in teams that already have plus 80 OVR like the Cardinals for ex they just landed Kevin Kolb well my first draft year 2 Draft day pick #2 ARZ picks a QB which was rate 85 OVR so i am assuming its by OVR or potential that their drafting not needs.

Have to control all 32 teams to avoid and keep it sim style.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

It's not as fun as it would be to just control one. But we need to because EA screwed up the computer A.I. Badly....like real bad. I'll just give u a real quick instance. I was controlling all 32 teams but somehow I accidentally turned the roster control back over to the computer instead of user. After one week the dallas cowboys cut their 2nd round draft pick MLB Bruce Carter for some fake UDFA that wasn't wasn't even in his league. I didn't even bother looking at the rest of the league. Luckily it was only week two in the preseason so I just started a new franchise. See how bad the computer goofed up after just one week of control given to them. It's a joke and everybody involved at E.A. Should be a little ashamed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's a LOT of work, but I'm quasi-enjoying it so far. I've simmed the first season as all 32 teams. During the offseason, I'm in charge of re-signing and the entire draft. The CPU is doing the rest. I've been at this for almost three hours now, and I've only done the resigning up to the Dolphins. I still have more than half the teams to go with just resigning, plus the entire draft...but I'm looking forward to it.

That said, this will be a one time experience for me. I can't go at this snail pace for another season.

As for why, the draft logic for NCAA imports is busted. Taking over all 32 teams, I can do a very realistic draft (in my mind).
Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

I love having as much control as possible when it comes to my sports games. After dealing with 30 team control in The Show, 32 team control on Madden doesn't seem as bad. It seems like this is the only way to maintain my sanity when it comes to realism in my Franchise. I can't imagine doing it any other way.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

I didn't when i first started playing M12 but after reading about all the issues, i don't really see any other alternative as i preach realism

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »