Home

Player traits making a difference?

This is a discussion on Player traits making a difference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Player traits making a difference?

To those that have played the demo... do you notice a difference in the computer controlled players? I guess the most obvious one would be Jay Cutler vs Aaron Rogers, do they actually play differently?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Player traits making a difference?

well its not the difference i wanted, but cutler wants to throw deep every drive while rogers finds his guys short and gets more first downs...

they didnt capture the ability to read the D, its a good change though

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I've noticed that Cutler wants to air it out a lot, but besides that I've only noticed the clutch mode once, where I had trouble passing to Woodson's side in the final two minutes of the game. I've had some of my receivers change status to dropping open passes, but I haven't felt any effect on them. Had one where Olson made some stellar catches for me, despite being prone to dropping open passes according to the traits.

I had one incident though where Rodgers was in clutch mode, but my receivers still dropped three passes in a row (three different receivers) and neither of my receivers were affected by DPP. Mostly, from my experience with the demo, it has very little effect on gameplay.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

I noticed that the SS on the Bears got the trait "Plays Ball in the Air" after going for a interception and giving up a completion to Jennings. Then late in the 4th quarter, he gave up a big touchdown over the middle to the TE going for the ball instead of trying to jar the ball loose.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

not for the computer, but i did notice for myself when cutler got rattled and tossed a few pics (im not to good yet) for the rest of the 4th quarter his passes where all over the place, couldnt hit a school bus running a route it was kinda cool reminded me of one of those games hed go out and toss 5 pics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really noticed it with cutler, both using him and against him. Once he gets rattled, forget it you've got a worthless qb.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
Banned

Elements's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Amba Lamps
I really noticed it with cutler, both using him and against him. Once he gets rattled, forget it you've got a worthless qb.
Totally agree with this statement. I threw 1 pick, and next possession out I was instantly sacked. I pressed pause to check his status and vwala........ Reds across the board! I went to the ground game, and grinded out a 21 play series for a TD. Next time out Cutler was money!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah there's a huge difference between Rodgers and Cutler if Cutler is struggling, he's inconsistent, like real life. Player traits aren't a part of the demo, you're talking about DPP, and that definitely is affecting the way players play. If you fumble with Grant or Forte, they will change the way they carry the ball to protect it better. Qb's will start to take off if you blitz a lot, there's all kinds of examples of DPP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »