Home

Posting Rules For The Madden Forum

This is a discussion on Posting Rules For The Madden Forum within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Posting Rules For The Madden Forum

Well, it's Madden Forum information:

Welcome to the Operation Sports Madden Forum. Unlike many other websites you may have visited, we actually like to keep conversation mature, and criticism constructive. We don't care if you are angry, upset, or if you spent your $60 so you have "your right to complain". If you can't do it in a mature, organized fashion, you are going to be banned.

READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN

BE RESPECTFUL WHEN YOU POST.
That means no calling names, no random bashing, no attacking the developers of the game. You may criticize the game, you may criticize a post of a user or an idea. The second you attack someone's person on this board, you will be banned.

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.
Yes, I know you played the demo. Yes, I know you want your voice to be heard. Guess what? So do the other 1000 users in the Madden forum at any given second. There is a demo impressions thread. Besides seeing it on the first page, you can also use the search feature in the upper right hand corner of the forum. You type in "demo impressions" and it comes up. You know what that means? YOU DON'T HAVE TO CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD. It's going to get locked, and you will possibly be banned.

FOLLOW ANY AND ALL OTHER RULES POSTED
There will be some new ways we will be handling impressions, and you will need to pay attention when posting. There will be more on this soon, but be ready.

All in all, folks, be mature and use common sense. If you are angry, DON'T POST. If you are not sure if your post will fly here, DON'T POST. If you need to know where you can go to complain about EA, PM me. I can give you a list of sites that will allow you to cry about the company instead of constructively attempting to provide feedback to the developers in an effort to help them make a better game.

I am leaving this thread open for any discussion you want to have. But things will be tight around here, and you should expect very short leashes.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Madden Information!!! (You gotta read this!!!)

What a dirty trick -.-
Old 08-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

M - it's easy to see you are frustrated by everyone creating threads on the same subject which clogs up the forum, but relax, buddy. Threatening to ban someone for doing that is a bit extreme and sadly most don't even know any better. People are excited about the game and are motivated for their posts to be seen by others to spark dialogue. Knowing that posting your thoughts in a single impressions thread where there are currently 736 other posts in just over a 24 hour period of time seems completely pointless.

I often despised the guy who always brought up problems with situation "X" and never brought any solutions, but I'm not an admin on any forums and don't what tricks of the trade might be out there to unravel this type of mass info blackhole. Perhaps more than one official impressions thread covering certain date ranges...? Maybe that way the old impressions/problems that have been worked around can be summarized by an admin in the initial post of the subsequent impressions thread. Just a thought... cheers!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Haha O that was a good one.....But yes i hope these rules are inforced....
Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

What about persons posting misleading headlines for threads, will they be banned also?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

How about creating a sub forum for EA and Madden hating. A lot of people would get a lot off their chest so that the official madden forum would be easier for info, videos, disscusions and suggestions.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
How about creating a sub forum for EA and Madden hating. A lot of people would get a lot off their chest so that the official madden forum would be easier for info, videos, disscusions and suggestions.
Sorry, but this isn't the forum for "hating". It's the place for constructive criticism.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
M - it's easy to see you are frustrated by everyone creating threads on the same subject which clogs up the forum, but relax, buddy. Threatening to ban someone for doing that is a bit extreme and sadly most don't even know any better. People are excited about the game and are motivated for their posts to be seen by others to spark dialogue. Knowing that posting your thoughts in a single impressions thread where there are currently 736 other posts in just over a 24 hour period of time seems completely pointless.

I often despised the guy who always brought up problems with situation "X" and never brought any solutions, but I'm not an admin on any forums and don't what tricks of the trade might be out there to unravel this type of mass info blackhole. Perhaps more than one official impressions thread covering certain date ranges...? Maybe that way the old impressions/problems that have been worked around can be summarized by an admin in the initial post of the subsequent impressions thread. Just a thought... cheers!
This thread goes up every yearand works extremely well.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »