Home

Suction Blocking in Madden 12 Demo

This is a discussion on Suction Blocking in Madden 12 Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Suction Blocking in Madden 12 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
Those are just rumors,no one can really confirm that..Why would EA put out a crappy demo? That doent make any sense, they would want to put out a great demo to get more ppl to buy it,by the way the PS3 version of the demo plays alot better ,I can confirm that,i have played many games on both consoles.Ps3 version shows full replays,no suction,seems more responsive.the ball animations are right,the qb release is right,it seems like a completely different game on the PS3,..
Think about what you are saying for a sec and then think about it again!

What better way to make it seem like this game has come a long way from M11 and then the contradicting reports from people at E3 and CD and now this demo from May?

Its a marketing ploy coupled with the fact that EA wants you to buy there SEASON PASS. So why as a business owner, give you the freedom of playing the final build of my game when I can make some loot selling it to you as a rental in just a couple weeks and then pretty much have you buy the game for $60 right after that!

I guess Government and Econ classes werent mandatory for everyone in high school!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

I have played the game on the xbox 360 and the ps3 and for some reason I run into more stuff like John has in the video while playing the 360....I don't understand why the 360 version wouldn't be top of the line when more people own an xbox...Anyways I still feel like this demo is better than all of the past maddens so I can't wait to get my hands on the full version...Also as was said I believe this demo is way old and the full version willl be way better.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #27
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
This seems to happen alot more on the xbox 360 version along with alot of other stuff like force fields,ball animations,warping etc.. heres a vid showing this http://youtu.be/W97rNswrNZ8
Theres no way it could happen more on one system than the other,the game code is identical for both the 360 and PS3 the graphics code might be a little different but the gameplay no.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #28
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Theres no way it could happen more on one system than the other,the game code is identical for both the 360 and PS3 the graphics code might be a little different but the gameplay no.
Im serious,Go look for yourself,Im totally convinced they are developed separately on each console and NOT PORTED,because the game plays alot better on the PS3..I havent found any of these issues on the PS 3 version..However The xbox 360 version does look better...
Old 08-11-2011, 04:08 AM   #29
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I have definitley seen some suction blocking. It's not as bad, but it's there.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:30 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
im not saying i dont believe you but can i get a link, i cant seem to find it myself.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...me-play-videos

The build of the demo was confirmed by EASports Game Changer, Casey Mosier on his twitter account.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 AM   #31
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Think about what you are saying for a sec and then think about it again!

What better way to make it seem like this game has come a long way from M11 and then the contradicting reports from people at E3 and CD and now this demo from May?

Its a marketing ploy coupled with the fact that EA wants you to buy there SEASON PASS. So why as a business owner, give you the freedom of playing the final build of my game when I can make some loot selling it to you as a rental in just a couple weeks and then pretty much have you buy the game for $60 right after that!

I guess Government and Econ classes werent mandatory for everyone in high school!
So let's say I'm a potential customer who is interested in this game and I try out the demo. The demo isn't that hot and I'm not really feeling it. Do you actually think I would pick up the retail version based on the demo and or pay to play it early?

That makes no sense.

And no I'm not saying the Madden demo is crap. I want to make that clear before the flaming begins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #32
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Those are just rumors,no one can really confirm that..Why would EA put out a crappy demo? That doent make any sense, they would want to put out a great demo to get more ppl to buy it,by the way the PS3 version of the demo plays alot better ,I can confirm that,i have played many games on both consoles.Ps3 version shows full replays,no suction,seems more responsive.the ball animations are right,the qb release is right,it seems like a completely different game on the PS3,..
Because the demo has to go through approval by Microsoft and Sony for their respective systems. For the time it takes to get the demo approved, the demo must be built and handed to them early enough.

Quote:
Im serious,Go look for yourself,Im totally convinced they are developed separately on each console and NOT PORTED,because the game plays alot better on the PS3..I havent found any of these issues on the PS 3 version..However The xbox 360 version does look better...
Madden is ported to the PS3. They are not independently developed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »