Home

So who is thinking about getting Season Ticket now that wasn't before the demo?

This is a discussion on So who is thinking about getting Season Ticket now that wasn't before the demo? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: So who is thinking about getting Season Ticket now that wasn't before the demo?

I am getting season pass because it is for 5 games and not just Madden.

I could drive to a few places and get the game early but $25 for a whole year is chump change in reality and I can download the full game and have it all weekend and then just have Amazon deliver me the game on release day and get $20 credit from them for a future purchase of another game.

I love EA and will continue to support them because they provide me with Madden, NCAA, FIFA games. All very good year long addictions.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: So who is thinking about getting Season Ticket now that wasn't before the demo?

I thought the demo was a solid start but I didn't compel me to spend $25 for 3 early days with the game.

This is another one of those EA business decisions I think could have been implemented differently. If they did this for 21-28 days before release, it would allow gamers to find more bugs and glitches to be patched while still turning EA a good profit.

There are probably people, that would never buy the game early just to give EA more profit for a usually initially buggy game, that would, if it meant getting a more detailed patch released later. Every year gamers find things that, understandably, developers miss.

Offering Madden 12 three days early for $25 is a little presumptuous of marketing, imo. It will take time to build up the kind of impatient anticipation old-gen Madden used to cause.

That said, if the game continues to improve on it's representation of NFL football like this, year to year, by Madden 14 I might be willing to spend $25 just to play the demo! LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

The game will be exactly the same game 3 days eariler or 3 days later.

What is the big deal about getting a game 1st or early?

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haha C'mon EA, just stop. I think I can manage 3 days, my OCD isn't THAT bad.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 7

This is not $25 promotion to play Madden early.

This is not Called Madden Season Pass.

It is EA season pass which gives you the same perk of getting the game early as those well as the other games.

EA is in the business of making money and this is just an option and not needed for those that do not want it.

I do not know what is the big deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I wasn't going to get "Season Ticket" in the first place, and I certainly ain't going to do it now. It's a full three day wait; I think I can manage that. Especially since I don't have any real disposable income (which may hinder my ability to buy this game as soon as it comes out.)

Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
If they sold the game in the PS3 or 360 online store as a game on demand from day 1 there would be no delay in getting it. Not sure why they don't do this for new games they release. The 360 store will get a lot of games later for games on demand but they never get them there on release day. Silly if you ask me.
It's funny. I e-mailed EA Support and said that exact thing. If EA sold the game to download from day of release, allowing uninterrupted play, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the Season Ticket.

The guy thanked me for my comment, and said he (personally) thought it was a good idea and would pass my comments on to the relevant people....

....that's the end of that then
Old 08-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 10

I tell myself there is no way I will do this, but the weekend before release I know my undisciplined self will make the purchase. It'll be difficult to browse these forums knowing people are playing it early and I just know I'll cave in....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »