Home

PS3 Jaggies....again

This is a discussion on PS3 Jaggies....again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #49
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 Jaggies....again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Really? Then why do their 3rd party games get outclassed by Xbox 360 all the time

And how old are you to scream fail because I feel that the graphical difference of exclusives is not WAYYYY better as you scream. Is my opinion.
Google is your friend, look it up, It is not hard for devs to make games for the PS3 anymore.Before you spout out garbage at-least do some research.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
Google is your friend, look it up, It is not hard for devs to make games for the PS3 anymore.Before you spout out garbage at-least do some research.
Like I said. Talk to me when PS3 multi games look just as good as the 360 version. For now your google report holds 0 water my friend.

But good try...
Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #51
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

Quote:
Like I said. Talk to me when PS3 multi games look just as good as the 360 version. For now your google report holds 0 water my friend.

But good try...
What does a games graphics have to do with how easy or hard it is to make a game. once again you fail my friend.

Infinity ward on developing cod4 for ps3
It's been a common excuse for underwhelming early PS3 releases, but according to Infinity Ward, the developer of the Call of Duty series, developing the game on the PlayStation 3 was easy.
http://www.psu.com/PS3-development-w...0001806-p0.php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 21

I asked for year and a half now about using MLAA for the PS3 version...but no...no response on Twitter, on here or what ever.

EA Tiburon doesn't go out of their way with the PS3 version.... I mean, you fellas remember Madden 08 30fps > even though they took out 3D grass, HDR, High Resolution Player Models and helmets etc.

Other EA developers and have......like Portal, Dragon Age 2, Need For Speed that came out this year, NFS The Run & Battlefield 3 (later this year)....and I think some other ones.

That all being said, I'll wait to see the final version of Madden 2012 before judging the graphics.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
What does a games graphics have to do with how easy or hard it is to make a game. once again you fail my friend.
Yea let's blame all companies that make games for both consoles for making the poor ps3 games look inferior. Have they not learned that it is sooo simple now to develop on the ps3. No excuses for all the thousands of companies. Is not PS3's fault anymore. Is the developers faults. Stop picking on PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:

Infinity ward on developing cod4 for ps3
It's been a common excuse for underwhelming early PS3 releases, but according to Infinity Ward, the developer of the Call of Duty series, developing the game on the PlayStation 3 was easy.
http://www.psu.com/PS3-development-w...0001806-p0.php
Yea easy yet it could not look as good as the 360 version.....Damm developers.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #55
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

Quote:
Yea easy yet it could not look as good as the 360 version.....Damm developers.
And you ask my age . Point being its not hard for them to make the games for the PS3. Exclusive vs exclusive PS3 visuals beat out 360's every time, if you don't believe that then you are a blind 360 fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #56
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Shocker. A thread about a specific console version of Madden turns into a flame out.

To answer your question why multi plats general look a little better on the 360 is because it costs a lot of money to develop a game and it is easier to port than it is to develop specific versions for specific platforms.

The 360 came out first. Devs have been working on it longest. It is closer to PC development than the PS3. It makes $en$e to continue to develop on the 360 and port to the PS3. In that scenario, the PS3 version will almost never be on equal footing because the architecture is different and the game has to be optimized accordingly. Most devs skip this step.

This also goes for the PC where they also get ports of the 360 version of games, and although they may be optimized slightly for better graphics, they usually have other slight issues that the 360 doesn't.

You want an example of a 3rd party game that is optimized for the PS3 and will most likely look a little better? Battlefield 3. This game was designed for each platform (PC, PS3, 360) separately. No porting.

http://www.igniq.com/2011/02/ea-anno...ite-2-0-engine

http://kotaku.com/5823213/ive-seen-b...ular/gallery/1

http://www.slideshare.net/DICEStudio...-playstation-3

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...etter-than-360

So call it laziness, cheapness, business sense, what ever. It is what it is. As long as devs don't design the game for the PS3 and just port it, it will be playing against a stacked deck.

And Sony has become much more involved with providing devs resources to assist in developing games. So while it is harder to develop for the PS3, and by harder i mean less familiar, there are more resources than before as Sony has heard the criticisms in this area for a long time.

Can't make a horse drink though. Especially when the drinks cost more at the separate platform bar than they do at the port bar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »