Home

PS3 Jaggies....again

This is a discussion on PS3 Jaggies....again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
PS3 Jaggies....again

Anyone else experiencing these? I'm playing on a pretty nice monitor http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PX2370...=operasport-20

but still experiencing jaggies during the gameplay, although the replays look crisp. I'm playing with a HDMI cable and have tried it on both 1080p and 720p with no luck. This is THE reason I didn't pick up NCAA 12. With a ps3 and a nice monitor with an HDMI cable, why are we still getting jaggies?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 Jaggies....again

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Anyone else experiencing these? I'm playing on a pretty nice monitor http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PX2370...=operasport-20

but still experiencing jaggies during the gameplay, although the replays look crisp. I'm playing with a HDMI cable and have tried it on both 1080p and 720p with no luck. This is THE reason I didn't pick up NCAA 12. With a ps3 and a nice monitor with an HDMI cable, why are we still getting jaggies?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Yeah I have but its not as bad as the NCAA demo was, that was really bad for jaggies, Madden has a lot but not as bad as NCAA, waits for people to come in and say oh its just the PS3 it can't do anti-aliasing as good as the 360, sure sure but other games don't look near as bad as NCAA did and Madden does.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #3
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not having that problem on a 50-inch Samsung Plasma using 720p. Can Madden do 1080p? I thought it tops out at 1080i for PS3.
Anyway I was blown away by the graphics. Another guy also said he played both versions and they look the same for him. Maybe try tweaking some of the video settings for the PS3.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #4
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

I honestly can't tell you why, but I must admit - I played the demo last night for both the PS3 and 3560 and I was shocked how poor the PS3 version looked in comparison. I pre-ordered Madden for PS3 (on Amazon - $20 credit) and seriously considering switching back to my original 360 order.

Whatever happened to the PS3 being the more powerful of the two consoles? The graphics should not be this bad.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

If you play both there is a difference that is very apparent. The colors are rich and full on the 360 and a bit washed out on the PS3

The AA is still a major hole in the PS3 version which makes it look not as smooth as the 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

OVR: 4

Im playing madden on my 40'' Sony Bravia at 1080p for 360 and i dont have any problems.

GT: xGBx Boogie
Xbox Series X
PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, RTX 4080, 32GB Ram
Old 08-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
If you play both there is a difference that is very apparent. The colors are rich and full on the 360 and a bit washed out on the PS3

The AA is still a major hole in the PS3 version which makes it look not as smooth as the 360
It's very apparent during the opening sequence when they show Solider field. Look at the traffic. On the 360 the traffic around the stadium looks like real cars whereas the cars on the PS3 look like micro machines. Not good.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
Im playing madden on my 40'' Sony Bravia at 1080p for 360 and i dont have any problems.
Have you played the 360 demo? It's not that the PS3 version necessarily looks terrible - but it looks really bad in comparison to the 360 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »