Home

Do people still really play on Normal speed?

This is a discussion on Do people still really play on Normal speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #137
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
i get 3 seconds in the demo tho...

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do people still really play on Normal speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
This is the primary reason I play on normal, I agree that EVERY other aspect of the game is probably better on slow, but changing sliders to make the pass rush more brutal on slow doesn't really fix the problem and I simply do not enjoy the game as much when the QB can sit in the pocket for days. There are not 32 teams with HoF O lines, sorry.
So it's ok to tweak the pass rush on Normal speed but if you do it on Slow speed that means it makes it brutal.......

Obviously you must not know how to tweak to the sliders because you can get a pass rush on slow speed without having to make extreme changes

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #139
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Everyone is always posting videos to show how fast players run a 40 in pads, so allow me to be THAT guy for a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n57u4uS2sY

When CJ2K breaks the tackle around the 20 and begins his run from almost a full stop, time him to the opposing 40. Go ahead...do it over and over again. He runs 40 yards in 5 seconds.

Now fire up Madden 12 in practice mode with CJ2K at receiver at the 40 yard line. Hot route him to a streak and time him to the endzone on VERY SLOW. What happens? 5 seconds.

However very slow is a little too slow for me. I will be playing on slow this year for sure.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #140
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Everyone is always posting videos to show how fast players run a 40 in pads, so allow me to be THAT guy for a second.

When CJ2K breaks the tackle around the 20 and begins his run from almost a full stop, time him to the opposing 40. Go ahead...do it over and over again. He runs 40 yards in 5 seconds.

Now fire up Madden 12 in practice mode with CJ2K at receiver at the 40 yard line. Hot route him to a streak and time him to the endzone on VERY SLOW. What happens? 5 seconds.

However very slow is a little too slow for me. I will be playing on slow this year for sure.
He's clearly not running at full speed, as he's trying to set up a block. Then after he gets the block, he slows to pretty much a jog.

There are several 40 yard runs you can find by Chris where he's running 40 yards, in pads in under 4.5 seconds. Running start, which is what we should be measuring by anyway.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

This video was a bad example. He was breaking tackles and running sideways around the 20 to the 25. Besides all the tackles he broke on that play he was definitely a little fatigued on that run after rushing for 130 yards before that break. There's plenty of other Chris Johnson game breaking plays to get a better look from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #142
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
He's clearly not running at full speed, as he's trying to set up a block. Then after he gets the block, he slows to pretty much a jog.

There are several 40 yard runs you can find by Chris where he's running 40 yards, in pads in under 4.5 seconds. Running start, which is what we should be measuring by anyway.
Why would you time it at a running start?
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #143
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why would you time it at a running start?
Because you're rarely going to see a guy run 40 yards from a standstill during a game, and guys don't run routes at full speed. Not even fly routes. There's a reason why guys can get to balls they otherwise wouldn't get to if you user control them.

Should add the guys in the video game don't run full speed. Wasn't calling out real-life guys.

Last edited by HammerOfGod; 08-27-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
Because you're rarely going to see a guy run 40 yards from a standstill during a game, and guys don't run routes at full speed. Not even fly routes. There's a reason why guys can get to balls they otherwise wouldn't get to if you user control them.

Should add the guys in the video game don't run full speed. Wasn't calling out real-life guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »