Home

Do people still really play on Normal speed?

This is a discussion on Do people still really play on Normal speed? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #41
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Do people still really play on Normal speed?

NCAA 12 got the game speed perfect. Madden's players feel to light for me on normal though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #42
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
M10 had default speed set as 'Slow' out of the box.
Actually, they changed the default speed to slow a few weeks after release.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #43
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way
The pass rush is too slow on the slow setting.. Quarterbacks have 6-10 seconds to make reads and let the ball go on Slow.. That's just not realistic.. I agree the animations are a little herky-jerky looking on fast, but that has more so to do with the game-engine than the game speed..
That's not true. I've put loads of pressure on Rodgers and Cutler on slow speed at All Madden difficulty.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

I played the demo last night on very slow and its still faster than it should be. I can Madden 12 will be more arcade based than simulation. Oh well, if franchise mode is fun, I'll deal with it.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
I played the demo last night on very slow and its still faster than it should be. I can Madden 12 will be more arcade based than simulation. Oh well, if franchise mode is fun, I'll deal with it.
I don't know, I found very slow was perhaps slightly too slow when I tried it again today. There are things I prefer about it but I think slow is probably the best setting for me.

I find it difficult to judge as, being from the UK, I've never actually played a proper game of American Football myself but having said that I doubt anyone on here has played in the NFL so guessing how it should be is just as hard.

I watch a hell of a lot of NFL during the season and in my mind the slow setting seems to play out the best to me from a TV standpoint if not an on the field one. I'm presuming the guys that like the faster settings are approaching it from the standpoint of being a player on the field whereas I'm after the look of a TV broadcast. Not sure why they should be any different but there you go, maybe it's just that you see more at once as a TV viewer and the slower speed replicates that more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
That's not true. I've put loads of pressure on Rodgers and Cutler on slow speed at All Madden difficulty.

I agree.. if anything it seems like i get more sacks on slow because the QB doesn't throw the ball as quick either.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
I agree.. if anything it seems like i get more sacks on slow because the QB doesn't throw the ball as quick either.
I've noticed this as well, get sacked and picked more on slow because it seems to slow down the QB's throwing motion and the ball more than it slows down everything else?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
Hasn't online been slow since they put the feature in?

I've only played on Normal and Slow. For me it's not that normal is too difficult or anything, it's just that the game plays so twitchy on it. On Slow you can see stuff develop and take advantage of them. I don't feel that way on normal.
I think it was slow on 10 and normal on 11.. I have no problem seeing stuff develop on fast or very fast.. Once you get use to the speed it becomes normal. Plus I like the challenge of having to make quick decisions anyway. I don't need the game to be slowed down for me to make my reads. It makes the game real easy for me when I get online and play with normal speed because everything is slowed down on offense and defense. I wouldn't be able to handle playing on slow. That would be very frustrating for me.. But to each his own. Everybody has to play on the speed there comfortable with. I just don't like how people can come on here and say which speed is realistic when most people prefer different speeds..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »