Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #57
Banned

Humphrey Errington's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

And please don't call me a fanboy. I could care less about these companies. I'm a fan of football, and football video games. So naturally, I'm forced to hate EA and love 2K. But it would make no difference to me if it was the other way around.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #58
Banned

Humphrey Errington's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It already has to pretty much everyone except fan boys of the other game you are refering to.
Surely, you can't be serious. Maybe I should clarify. I was asking if he thought Madden 12 would surpass the level of simulation in the gameplay of the other game.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Errington
1. No, there really is a right and wrong answer, and I'll tell you now, the arcade football game EA makes is not the right one.

2. No, what's killing this forum is the free pass and benefit of the doubt EA gets on everything. What's killing this forum is the mob mentality around here that saying these games are anything but garbage is a lie and is frowned upon. Stuff like that is killing this forum.
Quote:
And please don't call me a fanboy. I could care less about these companies. I'm a fan of football, and football video games. So naturally, I'm forced to hate EA and love 2K. But it would make no difference to me if it was the other way around.
Thank you for proving my point. This kind of ignorance is what kills the forum. People who can't differentiate between their opinion and a fact. People with lame agenda's.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
1. No, there really is a right and wrong answer, and I'll tell you now, the arcade football game EA makes is not the right one.

2. No, what's killing this forum is the free pass and benefit of the doubt EA gets on everything. What's killing this forum is the mob mentality around here that saying these games are anything but garbage is a lie and is frowned upon. Stuff like that is killing this forum.
While I completely understand that you hate the game or EA as you are allowed to by all means. Stating your opinion as fact and claiming everyone else is an idiot isn't exactly a good way to.get your point across. If you simply state what you like and don't like it will help further the discussion and possibly provide some input. Comments like the one I quoted aren't providing anything of substance to the discussion.

That being said, I don't remember the game playing this fast back in May, hopefully it is not this fast in the retail version. That is basically my only gripe thus far. You most certainly have to mix up your play calling or else you will get torched. Money plays don't last long in this game. Play action is great but only if you set it up... Just like the NFL.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #61
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
Caley u summed it up for me..

"I am having fun with the demo, but, again, it doesn't feel like NFL football to me -- just an upgraded version of Madden that we have been playing for years. "
Thats it in a nutshell....

EA has finally brought back the old school Madden level of fun.... and while Im going to enjoy it for the most part, its still 2011 and we should have more

I just hope the game isn't littered with Bugs/Glitches....

If we can't have truly innovative animations,physics, commentary, ect.....then you damm well better make sure what we do get runs relatively smooth

No more of this Wait until the Patch in Nov/Dec for a decently functional title business

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #62
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Lol @ 2. There seems to be a split among users on this game, hell, at the roundtable some of the writers were really brutal in their impressions. You couldnt be more off base if you tried.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Lol @ 2. There seems to be a split among users on this game, hell, at the roundtable some of the writers were really brutal in their impressions. You couldnt be more off base if you tried.
He doesn't know any better. He's not aware that opinions may differ from his own and they are simply that, opinions.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Surely, you can't be serious. Maybe I should clarify. I was asking if he thought Madden 12 would surpass the level of simulation in the gameplay of the other game.
Sorry man but my response to that is exactly the same as my post you quoted. For me personally I would say 09 surpassed it, but that is my own personal opinion. I have my issues with the Madden series but I don't feel its "garbage" as you claim nor do the majority of the people at OS. Do the people here want this or that to improve?... Yes but they make their gripe in a reasonable manner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »