Home

Touching any slider defaults you to Rookie

This is a discussion on Touching any slider defaults you to Rookie within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Touching any slider defaults you to Rookie

I've seen this mentioned before, but I think this deserves it's own thread. I feel that the sliders are a bit misleading. It seems to me that the game actually does revert to rookie. It's not just a "bug".

I've been playing the game for almost a day to evaluate if I'm going to pick it up this year.

Initially I had been playing this demo on ALL-Pro.. slow/normal speed. I put blocking up to 55. The game seemed to playable and enjoyable.. but almost too easy for just bumping up blocking. So, I wondered..

The simple experiment I did was to raise pass blocking to 51… That's it. The game got easier as a whole. Receivers got open easily, running got easier, pass accuracy better. But leaving the game untouched on ALL-Pro, ALL-Madden tells me that the game still has the same flaws as years past.

This tells me that is simply because the game totally and completely reverts to Rookie. Even if you touch a slider by one increment.

If you don't touch the sliders on ALL-Pro or All Madden, the game still cheats you to death.. psychic DB's, Mirrored routes, super LB's. Pass blocking is ATROCIOUS especially when using the Bears. I've even seen my wide receiver move out of the way of a perfect pass. That's right.. I have video.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be sour grapes, but this is my finding after simple experimentation. If you like the game, buy it. Personally, I'm renting first. Hopefully the sliders will actually work in the retail game, unlike fight night Champion, and NCAA 12.

Last edited by vision; 08-10-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »