Home

Preplay Controls

This is a discussion on Preplay Controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Control Scheme you Prefer?
NCAA 12 38 67.86%
Madden 12 without Madden 10 quick links 5 8.93%
Madden 12 with Madden 10 quick links 13 23.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
Rookie

Category5Cane's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Preplay Controls

Is there anyway to set up the controls on Madden to be identical to NCAA?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinkaiser
This is my biggest gripe with this years game. I want the old style back along with more time to make adjustments. If the demo is any indication of qbs being able to scramble for huge yardage I definitely want to make several adjustments to attempt the contain all of the online players that will be using vick and the eagles.

I don't think the game allows me to do the following any more due to time issues.
1) cycle players until I find the one I want to set as a spy
2) set DE to contain
3) set delayed BnR
4) cycle players til I get to the MLB which I use post snap

This is a deal breaker for me so I will wait and see what the first day/week buyers say. If I was an offline franchise player I could probably live with it, but I play all of my games online and I know that a lot of players will be using the eagles so this will be very important to me. Maybe if they don't fix this then I should just jump on the eagles bandwagon. If cutler and rodgers are getting big yardage in the demo, I can only imagine how much more damage vick will do with someone that has good stick skills.
I'm posting this because it sounds like you don't know about it, but if you do, my bad. You can hold down circle I believe it is on PS3 or B on xbox and move the thumbstick in the direction of the player you want to select.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #19
Rookie

LincSink's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
NCAA. Why? Quick audibles! Such a great weapon, but when you have to scroll through them to select, it takes away any advantage. If I feel a blitz coming and I want to audible to a quick pass, my opponent will see what I'm audibling. Kinda takes all the strategy out of it. NCAA, on the other hand, has quick audibles tied to the D-pad.
I could be wrong here but I think if you hold down "A" (360) or "X" (PS3) you can still scroll through and try and bluff. So if you highlighted "quick pass" and pressed "A" or "X" and then kept holding it down while you cycled through it would stay with "quick pass". Not sure, I gotta check the demo to make sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »