Home

Yet again, no pass interference calls this year!

This is a discussion on Yet again, no pass interference calls this year! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #25
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Yet again, no pass interference calls this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
I know that this is a big issue guys and I am going to say the number one obvious thing but here it is......

It's just a demo man. Let's see how the full game will play before we start worrying about it.
Let's be real - PI won't be in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #26
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladyclad
I just dont get it. Madden on Sega Genesis all the way up to Ps2 had off/def pass interference pretty good. Why cant next gen get this right? Shti 2k5 had illegal contact/defensive holding and inelgible wr. And was implemented pretty well btw. I just cant fathom why its not important to the madden team. I guess people like me are the cause. Because i kno im going to buy the game still.

Watch next year referee Ed Hockley gon be on the cover. And penalties are goin to be the main feature. OnLy not to work still. And im still gonna buy it. once again

Oh man I loved the ineligible receiver. You try and throw the ball away and it hits your offensive linemen you knew every time that flag was coming
Old 08-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #27
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I think this post hits the nail on the head.

I feel as though they cant find a way to impliment PI without it becoming an overbearing call for CPU controlled players.

Whatever it is, it's had them stumped for 3 years now.
That's why they gave us sliders. If the penalties actually worked the way the should in the game we would be able to lower the slider down if we want that particular penalty called every once in a while or we can raise it up if we want it called every time it happens. I know there is probably an animation that causes the PI penalty being called so why not have it happen more often and if we chose for it to be every other time the animation happens then we can lower the slider and if we want to see it called every time the animation happens we can raise the slider up.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #28
Banned

belucheez's Arena

Edit:

Speaking of penalties that are never called... my QB is always hit after he throws the ball. Never in a madden or ncaa game has the "late hit on the quarterback" penalty ever been called for me.

Last edited by belucheez; 08-11-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
edit: Nevermind
Every time I play the demo I max out (100) both OPI and DPI, and have yet to see either one called.

Other sliders seem to work (especially roughing the passer... raise it to 55 and there are too many called) but the PI sliders don't seem to change anything.

Edit: Bah, you edited while I was replying.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #30
Banned

belucheez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
Every time I play the demo I max out (100) both OPI and DPI, and have yet to see either one called.

Other sliders seem to work (especially roughing the passer... raise it to 55 and there are too many called) but the PI sliders don't seem to change anything.

Edit: Bah, you edited while I was replying.
Really? That sucks. I mean, I never really notice Pass Interference in the game. The only time I am like "That is Pass Interfernerce, WHERE IS THE PENALTY?!!!!" is when my WR or TE is running over the middle and I throw the ball but then they get "stuck" on the Safeties or CBs.

and: :P
Old 08-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by themamba2424
i got a PI on my 2nd play
Even a broken clock is right twice a day

I have yet to play the demo, but yeah, PI has been largely absent from Madden this generation. Every year I look forward to it's being implemented but alas, no.

Improvement in nearly all areas, but PI is EA's Cyclops. Perhaps it can't be addressed properly until they use a whole new engine.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cladyclad
I just dont get it. Madden on Sega Genesis all the way up to Ps2 had off/def pass interference pretty good. Why cant next gen get this right? Shti 2k5 had illegal contact/defensive holding and inelgible wr. And was implemented pretty well btw. I just cant fathom why its not important to the madden team. I guess people like me are the cause. Because i kno im going to buy the game still.

Watch next year referee Ed Hockley gon be on the cover. And penalties are goin to be the main feature. OnLy not to work still. And im still gonna buy it. once again
I agree. Makes no sense at all this isn't working correctly in the year 2012. MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »