Home

Yet again, no pass interference calls this year!

This is a discussion on Yet again, no pass interference calls this year! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Yet again, no pass interference calls this year!

I've also noticed that NO defensive players controlled by the CPU ever go offsides, even with the slider at 100. They do jump sometimes, but they never actually cross the LOS or even go into the neutral zone. The only time I ever see offsides called is when I do it on accident lol.

And yeah, pass interference is so messed up right now. I've only seen one offensive PI called EVER in a Madden game going back to Madden 06. And defensive pass interference usually gets called once or twice each year that I have Madden. Haven't seen it yet in '12.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #50
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

As someone mentioned earlier, it seems to be in the middle of the field that the worst cases of non called PI take place, be it by me as a user, or the CPU.
Too often on say a post route, the WR gets caught on a safety allowing someone else to INT it. I've played online against shrewd players who intentionally PI to block someone for an INT and it NEVER gets called. It affects the game and NEEDS to be fixed.

In addition, how many hail marys have you thrown without a single pass interference? despite having 5 guys vying for the same ball in one spot? This is where awareness should come in, and having inexperienced DBs and WRs will mean that they might push for leverage and commit a game changing penalty. Of course, that could also be exploited, so as previously and repeatedly stated, the sliders should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menglish20
They need to fix the penalties, but there are a lot more things I think could be improved before that. It seems as though they fixed intentional grounding.

Having more WR/CB interactions could trigger PI penalties. They also need to add MORE penalties, as they hardly have all of them. It would be hard to add some (12 men on the field, illegal formation) but others would be entirely possible (neutral zone infraction, defensive holding, illegal touching, horse-collar tackle).

And for god's sake, can we get clipping changed to "illegal block in the back." I can't remember the last time I heard a ref call clipping. I cringe every time I hear "clipping."
12 men on field could easily be done by removing the loading in between each play. American Football is a fluid game regardless of the stops and starts, but it is between these stops and starts that a lot of the nuances take place.
If games like Skate (made by EA) can abolish loading screens and actual substitutions took place in real time, the inclusion of these offsides, 12 man on the field etc. would be possible.
It'd also hopefully work with a realistic stamina and fatigue system, in which substitutions would be necessary, and of course, the ability to pre set substitutions before you even start a game (inside your create a playbook/gameplan menu).

I do agree with the above poster though, that the current penalties should work properly first, but once they ARE addressed, it's time we saw a more realistic representation of NFL rules in the games.

Oh, and helmets should fly off on huge hits. Ignore the silly man Goodell and REPRESENT THE REAL NFL.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
It's not just interference...what about when your guy gets jammed 8-10 yards downfield? That's supposed to be illegal contact, 5 yards, and a first down.
That is my biggest problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #52
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

Does a DB's awareness rating affect the chance he gets a pass interference?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
That's why they gave us sliders. If the penalties actually worked the way the should in the game we would be able to lower the slider down if we want that particular penalty called every once in a while or we can raise it up if we want it called every time it happens. I know there is probably an animation that causes the PI penalty being called so why not have it happen more often and if we chose for it to be every other time the animation happens then we can lower the slider and if we want to see it called every time the animation happens we can raise the slider up.
This is the biggest issue, IMO. If the sliders for penalties actually worked, everyone could set it right where they like it. As it is now, the sliders either don't work or are minimally effective. I hear people saying that the developers can't get the penalties right, that there's either too many or too few. That's what the slider is supposed to be for.

All they need is a penalty system that functions, and a slider that can adjust the ratio/frequency.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love hearing how we all have the same issues with this game. Then I love to hear how it never changes. Then GENERALLY we all lay down the $60 bucks or download the demo. A slight graphical upgrade and roster update is all we get. EA isn't the problem, we are....mindless drones
Old 08-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #55
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDJohnson
I love hearing how we all have the same issues with this game. Then I love to hear how it never changes. Then GENERALLY we all lay down the $60 bucks or download the demo. A slight graphical upgrade and roster update is all we get. EA isn't the problem, we are....mindless drones
You're right, this is generally true. But there are those of us who won't give in. I have bought Madden all of twice in the last decade. I do come back each year to read the info and impressions to see if things have been fixed. Obviously, more often than not, I am disappointed. It seems like every year, I get excited because I see, oh, they fixed THAT thing that bugged the snot out of me! Only to find that another was not fixed. They get a little closer each year, but there are cleary still some very basic, fundamental things that still need fixed.

Last edited by metal134; 08-14-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 02:25 AM   #56
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielDJohnson
Well, it's the changes to franchise + DPP + player traits that convinced me to buy it this year. Without those, I wouldn't even be interested in Madden this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »