Home

Question about Team Intros and Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Question about Team Intros and Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about Team Intros and Franchise Mode

Hey guys, was playing the demo and was wondering if this has been answered yet. What happens in Franchise Mode when you get to the point that the players that are featured in the Team Intros (i.e. Urlacher for the Bears and Big Ben for the Steelers) are no longer with the teams?

Does it throw off the intros? For instance, do you see someone else carry the Bears flag for the Bears? I imagine it could get kind of messy once you get to a point where it's mostly CPU-generated players playing 10 years in or so..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1
I was wondering the same thing I really hope it works with the star player at the time

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Question about Team Intros and Franchise Mode

Agreed..best case scenario would be the star player at the time would take over that role..

I guess we'll all find out soon enough!!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Well last year Madden had a dumbed down version of the Raven's entrance with Ray Lewis and after he left the intro replaced him with my current MLB.

So unless there has been a change, it is probably positional i.e. Ben is replaced by whoever replaces him as QB
Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

I LOVE how the PA announcer says "At linebacker...Brian...Urlacher!" It sounds very authentic.

It's going to be wierd when you get to year ___ and he says, "At quarterback...Numberrrr...Sixxxxteeen!" That's gonna be strange. However, it's possible that the announcing might cover this up...I haven't been watching ANY videos of intros so that everything would be fresh when I got to play it, so my concern might be for nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Exactly..that's my biggest question as well. It's going to be weird announcer-wise when the players start to get generic. Wonder how they are going to cover it up.

I agree, it's so cool and authentic now you would hope it changes as your Franchise changes.

I guess the same question could be said if the marquee player is hurt for the game. For instance, if Ray Lewis or Urlacher is hurt do they get replaced for the intros?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I LOVE how the PA announcer says "At linebacker...Brian...Urlacher!" It sounds very authentic.

It's going to be wierd when you get to year ___ and he says, "At quarterback...Numberrrr...Sixxxxteeen!" That's gonna be strange. However, it's possible that the announcing might cover this up...I haven't been watching ANY videos of intros so that everything would be fresh when I got to play it, so my concern might be for nothing.
I would guess at this that the designers used created classes with names that were already programmed in so it won't be a number but an actual name.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I think what we should really be concerned about is whether or not these intros are dynamic at all. From what I see, the intro camera angles often change from game to game. That's all fine and good, but it all depends on the names they brought the Buccaneers PA Announcer in to call.

My guess is...there may not be any player announcements at all in future seasons, just the cutscenes of star players running out without a personalized call-out over the PA. I may even go out on a limb and say that the eventual replacement players may even play the same positions as the current star players in the cutscenes, regardless of overall rating or "star power" (however that's calculated).

Another thing that worries me are teams that have lost their star players in this year's free agent frenzy - when the game ships, will teams just not have spoken introductions (e.g. the Bills sans Posluszny)? This may be worth exploring, IMHO.

I'd love to see dynamic player entrances but something tells me it won't be the case. We'll just have to wait and see what's in store come release day, sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »