Home

Am i the only one that thinks Madden 12 is going to decent?

This is a discussion on Am i the only one that thinks Madden 12 is going to decent? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #25
Banned

MacaulayRose7's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am i the only one that thinks Madden 12 is going to decent?

Thanks for pointing that out My bad phahaha

Last edited by MacaulayRose7; 08-11-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Not saying I completely disagree, but what would make Madden 12 great in your opinion.

If they took everything that they know about passing interface and mechanics in videogame Football and throw it in the garbage.

The passing game is, in my opinion, is absolutely atrocious. Nothing about it is good. From ball trajectories, to the ridiculous tethered passing, that is worse than ever (used to be tethered to the receiver, now I swear it's tethered to the defender lol), to... i could write 100 page essay of what is wrong with passing in this game.

Long story short, I hate the passing game in Madden. My BP goes up about 200 points every time I use it.

Then there's the locomottion engine. Again, another 100 page essay could be written.

For me, if they had a realistic locomotion engine, and a NON nonsensical approach to the passing game, it would be a great game. As it stands, for me, it's decent. Can't call it more than that.

Passing is close to half the game, and to me it's rubbish. Locomtion is pretty much the whole game, and it's a few notches up from rubbish.

Did I mention physics...?

Last edited by Only1LT; 08-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
If they took everything that they know about passing interface and mechanics in videogame Football and throw it in the garbage.

The passing game is, in my opinion, is absolutely atrocious. Nothing about it is good. From ball trajectories, to the ridiculous tethered passing, that is worse than ever (used to be tethered to the receiver, now I swear it's tethered to the defender lol), to... i could write 100 page essay of what is wrong with passing in this game.

Long story short, I hate the passing game in Madden. My BP goes up about 200 points every time I use it.

Then there's the locomottion engine. Again, another 100 page essay could be written.

For me, if they had a realistic locomotion engine, and a NON nonsensical approach to the passing game, it would be a great game. As it stands, for me, it's decent. Can't call it more than that.

Passing is close to half the game, and to me it's rubbish. Locomtion is pretty much the whole game, and it's a few notches up from rubbish.

Did I mention physics...?
I'd wait to play the game until you rush to judgment. I don't feel that way about it after playing the demo and the final build is going to be a polished tighter played game than the demo, based on what people I know who played it, even the ones who played the build at E3 have told me.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #28
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Nope not the only one, i've been thinking it'd be a great game since they announced all the new stuff awhile ago.

Now that we've seen the gameplay and combine that with changes to Franchise and RTG and i'm sold
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #29
Rookie

MrMosinNagant's Arena

OVR: 2

I think its going to be decent and I think its going to be the best madden to date but I don't think its going to be a great game.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #30
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMosinNagant
I think its going to be decent and I think its going to be the best madden to date but I don't think its going to be a great game.
Well, a great football game anyway. I mean it's definitely the best football game to date, at least to me. I've played every football game since '92 and overall it's definitely the best.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well, a great football game anyway. I mean it's definitely the best football game to date, at least to me. I've played every football game since '92 and overall it's definitely the best.
Lets see....

All Pro 2k8:

1. I can come out lined up in one formation then shift into the playcall formation for added strategy(madden 12 cant do that)

2. I can send more than one man in motion from any legal motion position(even after the formation shift...madden 12 cant do that)

3. I can adjust my offensive line to double team the left DT or the right DT (Madden 12 has no double team blocking on pass plays)

4. I can disguise my defensive coverage 1/2/3 deep with coverage shells(madden 12 has 1...show blitz)

5. I can easily make hot adjustments to my LBs and DBs without having to cycle through them all thus less micro management pre-snap.

6. I get a play diagram to look at when calling audibles, not just a play name.

7. I can adjust those audibles on the fly while calling my play at the play call screen...no need to pause the game...no limit to the amount of audibles you can call.

8. I can call my Dline stunts separate from my play call and included in those stunts are twists left/middle/right side of the line...and hey work during run plays. (Madden 12 your adjustments only work on pass plays, on run plays they get sucked into whatever the offensive line is doing...and you cant call twist stunts at all)

9. The player abilities make each player have a distinct playability giving them a personality that is lacking in madden. The cpu runs each team differently as though it has a game plan thus you dont feel like you are playing the same team and same coach over and over.

10. You can record how your friends play and make the cpu call plays like you friend would.(cant do that in madden 12)

11. There are 4 depth adjustments you can make(only 1 in madden) for the DBs plus you can shade inside or outside and do it much easier then the current madden 12 setup.

12. Mulitple hit gang tackling where you the user can come in and actually influence the direction the tackle is going..plus you can reach out and grab ball carriers if engaged in a block.

13. A multple choice penalty challenge system that works.

PLUS:
Commentary that sounds like the commentators are in the same booth watching the same game, better animations, bigger player models, smarter AI, no warping, no psychic DBs, no super leaping LBs , no mario running, player specific jukes and running styles....(2k5 has a half time show that has not been matched to date) great presentation(Madden has just caught up)

yep. I can see why one would think Madden 12 is the BEST football game to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 AM   #32
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Lets see....

All Pro 2k8:

1. I can come out lined up in one formation then shift into the playcall formation for added strategy(madden 12 cant do that)

2. I can send more than one man in motion from any legal motion position(even after the formation shift...madden 12 cant do that)

3. I can adjust my offensive line to double team the left DT or the right DT (Madden 12 has no double team blocking on pass plays)

4. I can disguise my defensive coverage 1/2/3 deep with coverage shells(madden 12 has 1...show blitz)

5. I can easily make hot adjustments to my LBs and DBs without having to cycle through them all thus less micro management pre-snap.

6. I get a play diagram to look at when calling audibles, not just a play name.

7. I can adjust those audibles on the fly while calling my play at the play call screen...no need to pause the game...no limit to the amount of audibles you can call.

8. I can call my Dline stunts separate from my play call and included in those stunts are twists left/middle/right side of the line...and hey work during run plays. (Madden 12 your adjustments only work on pass plays, on run plays they get sucked into whatever the offensive line is doing...and you cant call twist stunts at all)

9. The player abilities make each player have a distinct playability giving them a personality that is lacking in madden. The cpu runs each team differently as though it has a game plan thus you dont feel like you are playing the same team and same coach over and over.

10. You can record how your friends play and make the cpu call plays like you friend would.(cant do that in madden 12)

11. There are 4 depth adjustments you can make(only 1 in madden) for the DBs plus you can shade inside or outside and do it much easier then the current madden 12 setup.

12. Mulitple hit gang tackling where you the user can come in and actually influence the direction the tackle is going..plus you can reach out and grab ball carriers if engaged in a block.

13. A multple choice penalty challenge system that works.

PLUS:
Commentary that sounds like the commentators are in the same booth watching the same game, better animations, bigger player models, smarter AI, no warping, no psychic DBs, no super leaping LBs , no mario running, player specific jukes and running styles....(2k5 has a half time show that has not been matched to date) great presentation(Madden has just caught up)

yep. I can see why one would think Madden 12 is the BEST football game to date.
I love you how posted all the pros and not the cons, but I guess that would make your post fold faster than an over caffeinated origami artist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »