Home

Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on Little Things Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Little Things Thread

This game has alot of nice little touches, and mind you, this is just the demo. I really like the injury cutscenes. I had someobdy have a serious injury and "injury timeout" popped up. The screen faded to black as if the game went to commercial. When it came back, the player was being carted off, waving to the crowd while they applauded (and he was a GB player).

Im really getting a *GASP* 2k5 feeling as far as the presentation goes. Maybe not quite as good, but the superior graphics make up for the few things that this game may lack that 2k5 had.

Last edited by the_future420; 08-12-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was playing around with the penalty sliders and had a few facemasks called. The little guy that got facemasked jumped straight up and signified by pulling on his facemask and pointing at the culprit as the flag got thrown.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
It is true. Talking about the helmets getting scuffed, not the dirt stains on unis. The marks on the lids are the same for all, including a chunk out of the one side logo. Takes away a bit from the uniqueness in my eyes and as I said a qb shouldn't have that many helmet dings. That's how I noticed originally that it wasn't dynamic.
I'm not sure if every helmet has exactly the same scuffs, but every player on both teams will have a scuff on each side of their helmets inside the logo. The exact same scuff in the exact same place. I was kind of disappointed too. Hopefully this has been fixed in the retail version.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

Crosby made a FG and did this great big smile in a joking kind of way face... this seems new this year. I don't remember player's making any kind of emotional faces but EA didn't even mention this being new, did they?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I hot routed Greg Olsen to do a fade into the back of the endzone and the linebacker jammed him at the line, I threw it while he was jammed and it still threw it into the back of the endzone (last year it would basically throw it straight to the player), so Olsen ended up pushing off of the linebacker, jumped up in the air, 180'd, caught the ball, and then fell out the back of the endzone on his back, dragging his two feet along the way. It was so beautiful.

Another thing that I liked was I threw a TD pass to Devin Hester and he caught it in the endzone and his celebration started right on stride, no hiccups or anything in it like in the past). He dove, made a one handed catch, rolled, and then got back up with perfect momentum and started celebrating.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #30
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm in love with the new field goal view . Makes kicking field goals fun again.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
I'm not sure if every helmet has exactly the same scuffs, but every player on both teams will have a scuff on each side of their helmets inside the logo. The exact same scuff in the exact same place. I was kind of disappointed too. Hopefully this has been fixed in the retail version.
I just got done playing a game and I looked at different helmets and I was looking specifically at Cutler and Forte. Forte had all kinds of scuffs on his helmet and Cutler only had one mark on his entire helmet, and it was very small.

Has anyone seen blood on any of the jerseys or pants? I've heard it's in there. Another thing I noticed is that if you look on the inside of player's gloves there are actually grass stains on them too, it's really small, but it's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #32
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cam Weber the new GM of EA Football games as of this year, came over from EA Canada so that makes some sense. He worked on FIFA, SSX, and Fight Night.
Man just reading these little things gets me sooo excited... See.. this is what happens when EA games communicate with each other... especially FIFA... I hate to say it.. but Madden/NCAA has alot to learn from FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »