Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
NOT looking forward to playing vs the Eagles... I'll need multiple LBs on QB spies, and will probably still get burnt by Vick. If you don't double DeSean he'll blow by me (being the Titans) easily. Looks like the ONLY thing you can do is try and get to Vick, being that the OL is avg at best.

Won't be able to pass the ball at all either with those 3 Amigos at CB.

This is not fair. lol
If the retail is anything like the demo, then multiple QB spies probably won't even work. The QB spy mimics the QB movements, but there is really no logic in it. By setting up different types of plays using individual defensive assignments, I've checked how the defense reacts to a scrambling QB on All-Pro, slow speed and speed threshold set at 0.

First observation: Defenders in zone coverage does not and cannot react to a scrambling QB until he's over the line of scrimmage. So you can basically moonwalk a few yards in front of a defender in zone coverage, as he cannot recognize that the QB is scrambling until he crosses the line of scrimmage.

Second observation: Defenders in man coverage cannot recognize and react to a scrambling QB until he's over the line of scrimmage.

Third observation: Defenders playing QB spy will move parallel with the line of scrimmage to try and contain the QB. However, in the demo both Rodgers and Cutler are fast enough to evade a single QB spy (LB).

If you assign two QB spies (two LBs), Rodgers usually outruns them, but Cutler struggles - I've still been able to get 15+ yards with Cutler when facing two QB spies as the AI only makes them mimic the movement of the QB, not necessarily tackle him at the line of scrimmage.

Against three QB spies (1 LB, 2 CBs), I've had success running with Rodgers, but no more than a 7-10 yard gain. I haven't had any success with Cutler against three QB spies.

At speed threshold 100 it becomes easier to scramble with Cutler. You can get 4-5 yards against three QB spies.

To summarize:
  • Neither defenders in zone or man coverage can react to a scrambling QB until he's over the line of scrimmage.
  • Defenders playing QB spy will mimic the QB's movement, but not necessarily tackle him at the line of scrimmage. Especially if you make a juke move just before crossing the line of scrimmage - an animation won't play out, but the defender will be fooled nonetheless.
  • Rodgers is successful against up to three QB spies, while Cutler struggles against two.
As I began this post; if the retail version is anything like the demo, Michael Vick will be a monster. To stop him, you'll probably need to assign 2 or 3 of your fastest players to playing QB spy, while trying to defend against the pass. Also as the juke move is overpowered in the Madden 12 demo, it's rather easy to turn a 4 yard gain into a 14 yard gain when scrambling with the QB.

Four verticals and a scrambling QB seems to be a winning formular in the Madden 12 demo as it was in Madden 04. And with very fast receivers and poor deep zone coverage AI (at least in the demo) and Vince Young as a backup for Vick (when he needs a rest), I fear that the Eagles will be completely unstoppable - as long as you remember to slide with the QB so you don't fumble the ball
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

I cant believe that Kolb is an 84 and rated higher as a backup than Orton is as a starter in DEN. If anything, should be reversed. Reality wise, as a 49ers fan, im happy that ARZ acquired Kolb instead of going after Orton because Orton is easily better and has done far more with far less. Cant wait to see Kolb fall flat on his face this year thus proving once again that EVERY QB who does good in Philly is destined to fail everywhere else. LOL.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter77733
I cant believe that Kolb is an 84 and rated higher as a backup than Orton is as a starter in DEN. If anything, should be reversed. Reality wise, as a 49ers fan, im happy that ARZ acquired Kolb instead of going after Orton because Orton is easily better and has done far more with far less. Cant wait to see Kolb fall flat on his face this year thus proving once again that EVERY QB who does good in Philly is destined to fail everywhere else. LOL.
I agree. I think Kolb will be good, but I don't understand how 7 NFL starts grants anybody an 84 rating. A guy who also, btw, threw as many INTs as TDs last year. A guy whose overall career stats is 11 TDs and 14 INTs. That deserves an 84 rating? I like Donny Moore, but that is a moronic rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #36
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Eh, Kolb's a guessing game at this point. He seems to be very accurate. Doesn't seem to have a great arm though, and his decision making is a work in progress. In a perfect world, him and Orton would both be lower, but they'll be fixed with roster updates as Donny sees fit.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-12-2011, 12:00 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 37
Rex Grossman should actually be near a 80 but not quite, bc when he plays well and he's confident and on a roll, he has the ability to have the best stats in the league that game, better than manning, brady, rodgers, rivers, cutler, brees etc. Its just that hes so inconsistant that one game he could throw 5 Tds for over 400 yards, but the next week he could throw 4 ints and 2 fumbles. When he's on his game he's can be the best qb in the league. he's no where nere that constant level of play that the top guys are, so his ratings are about right, but if he could stay consistant, and manage his arm and his throws, he seriously set soome records, which he could if he ever had a top o-line and a great receving , and a coach that could contain that gunslinger mentality in him. Im not a grossman fan oir redskins fan, but ive seen this guy sling it and put up HUGE numbers so he deserves his rating, and actually could be mid 80s with a 1 consistancy
Old 08-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

My only complaint is that DeSean Jackson is rated a 99 speed. There is only one 99 speed guy in the NFL and it's Chris Johnson.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #39
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

As a guy who will be reppin' the Redskins this year for Onlien Franchise and Rank Games alike...pray for me.

On a serious note. Landry will be the perfect player to QB spy and stop Mike Vick. Prolly gotta move Lorenzo Alexander down to DE. Defense looks good, offensive line LOOKS horrid, but in actuality it is not that bad with Jamal Brown coming back and new guard Chris Chester on the team.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
Rookie

Vince Howard's Arena

OVR: 0
These changes are for the Eagles. Jamar Chaney needs to be higher than a 69 OVR. He will be starting at strong side linebacker for us this year and should be about a 78-82 ish. Also he needs to be moved to LOLB because that's usually the strong side and Madden doesn't use strong side or weak side linebackers. Casey Matthews is also the starting MLB as of now. He is listed as LOLB so they need to change him to MLB. Also make Fokou a ROLB because he is weakside linebacker which in Madden is generally ROLB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »