Home

Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

This is a discussion on Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

Thinking about going to random.org and selecting a couple guys in the first round to be busts and a few guys in the later rounds to be studs.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm going to mess with some rankings across the board. Newton lower, every Steeler at 99, ect.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

BengalsFan99's Arena

I always adjust all QB's ratings as I see fit. I feel certain guys are highly underated by the EA guys. First of all NO QB should be rated 99 especially since he has been losing home playoff games the last 3 years (Brady).

I always give my Bengals a small boost mainly the Offensive Line, they are underated and Palmer has been making them look worse than they really are due to his lack of mobility. Benson always gets a bit of a boost to his stiff arm and trucking. I plan on putting Troy Smith and T. Pryor (if he is in the game) as my backups. May even have a 3 way Qb battle in camp in the preseason, even though I like ole' Andy.

After year one if I dont see proper progression from guys that have balled pretty good then i will adjust them as I see fit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will only mess with it if players dont progress properly in franchise.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #13
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smoove
I will only mess with it if players dont progress properly in franchise.
Bingo. I may edit some of my Red Raiders though... Like Potts/Harrell/Crabtree/Batch ..... Just cause I can't resist..
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

NY Giants: Ahmad Bradshaw had more YD's, YD's/G, YD's/A, TD's, 20+YD's, 1st DNS, with less attempts than Ray Rice and Peyton Hillis(had more TD's only) yet Bradshaw is a 85 and they are both over 90. Jerrel Jernigan was drafted because he is like Desean Jackson, just so fast and explosive. He only has 90speed so i'll move that to 97. Our starting FB isn't even in the game Henry Hynoski, ABSOLUTE BEAST. Tyler Sash is the camp MVP so far and he has a 58 currently, that will be a 68. Victor Cruz, who is zeus, is probably our #3 this year and only has a 61, look at the jet game, that will be a 69. Waiting on what they give Herzlich, im thinking they will be generous. Seahawks: Jeron Johnson, supposed to be a 4th rd pick and went undrafted, from my boise state broncos. He is an absolute steal and a mack truck when it comes to throwing near him. Chargers: Vidal Hazelton, I know him personally and he's a great guy. he got screwed over in college and im pulling for him. He made the lead block that allowed that kick return TD yesterday. Packers: Aaron Rodgers speed back to 74. He is way to fast and there was no need to raise his speed. If he didn't win the SB i bet $100 his speed would have stayed what it was.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Vol
Thinking about going to random.org and selecting a couple guys in the first round to be busts and a few guys in the later rounds to be studs.
The only problem is I don't think you can lower potential (unless they give us the ability to directly edit it, which would be awesome). So, the only way you could make someone a bust (if Madden gives them high potential) is to lower their ratings back down every time they progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Vierakun's Arena

Only players I would edit are woodhead (lower him a bit), Mendenhall (lower him a little bit), Sanchize (lower him a tiny bit), Vick (increase his accuracy just a lil), Dion Lewis (raise his spd and acc, along with other running stats), Ryan Mallet (increase awr and accuracy since, just like Vick, his accuracy stats don't reflect his real life accuracy).

I will have to wait and see how this progression system works...if it's still as bad as previous years' progression system, then I guess I'll be doing a lot of manual editing during my franchise.
NCAA BB: Illinois Illini
And no, I don't watch baseball...boooring (imo)

Last edited by Vierakun; 08-12-2011 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »