Home

Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

This is a discussion on Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vierakun
Only players I would edit are woodhead (lower him a bit), Mendenhall (lower him a little bit), Sanchize (lower him a tiny bit), Vick (increase his acc just a lil), Dion Lewis (raise his spd and acc, along with other running stats), Ryan Mallet (increase awr and acc since, just like Vick, his acc stats don't reflect his real life accuracy).

I will have to wait and see how this progression system works...if it's still as bad as previous years' progression system, then I guess I'll be doing a lot of manual editing during my franchise.
........Vick has no accuracy
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll let EA do the ratings changes. What I will do however, is equipment and appearance changes. I'm going to add dreads for D Williams, and fix Josh Sitton so he doesn't look like AJ Hawk, also give Tramon longer dreads.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Dterpfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21

thats funny, you must of not watched him last year, eh?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dterpfan
thats funny, you must of not watched him last year, eh?
alrite, he had his 1st year over 60%, congrats, you've been in the league for 8years. He automatically deserves 90accuracy right? Because his career 55% completion pct means nothing. His accuracy is to high as it is right now. So, you must have never seen him play before last year, eh?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Vierakun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
Boy, I wonder what games you watched. He completed 62.6% last season, and appears even more accurate this season so far. Brady completed 65.9% only 3% higher, yet has significantly higher accuracy ratings than Vick. I mean, the knock on Vick in the past was always his accuracy, but that has, by far, tremendously improved. I mean, did you see the pedestrian accuracy ratings Madden gave him? I'm not saying he should be in the high 90's like Brady, but at least like an 89, not 85.

***edit: I'll make a good prediction that during the season, the madden team will update the rosters and eventually, vick's accuracy stats will go up as he continues to throw accurately. I think you're just simply hating to say he has no accuracy.
NCAA BB: Illinois Illini
And no, I don't watch baseball...boooring (imo)

Last edited by Vierakun; 08-12-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #22
Rookie

I think I can agree with a few of them on here. Mostly some edits on some lower-end players but really just "correcting" (IMO) some of the things I've noticed on the ratings so far. I agree Rodgers' speed should come down a bit, Victor Cruz (NYG) should be higher than a 61.

Even though I will be using the Eagles in one of my franchises (usually run a few, good team, rebuilding team, terrible team, etc.), I'm going to lower DeSean's catch rating from 91, and probably raise Maclin's just a bit. I also noticed that Tony Moeaki (TE from KC) is only a 76 OVR. He had a great rookie season last year and I think deserves to be more in the 80-82 range.

Finally, I will also be editing Danario Alexander (STL) up from whatever his rating is. If not for his knee issues, he would have been Bradford's #1 easy last year. I've seen him play many times while at Mizzou and the flashes he showed in games last year. He is a freak. 6'5", 4.4 40-time, 42" vertical. If he can stay healthy he will be a great asset to Bradford for many years.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vierakun
Boy, I wonder what games you watched. He completed 62.6% last season, and appears even more accurate this season so far. Brady completed 65.9% only 3% higher, yet has significantly higher accuracy ratings than Vick. I mean, the knock on Vick in the past was always his accuracy, but that has, by far, tremendously improved.
This season? lol 6 passes? I bet ur one of the guys that knocks Cam Newton cause he had a great year last season for Auburn. Its one year buddy, including that season last year he has a CAREER pct of 55% yet his accuracy across the board is 80's. Makes complete sense right? Why isn't Jamarcus Russell's accuracy stats in the high 70's? i mean cmon his career pct was 53%, he had ONE full season of rest should be great this year
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
Rookie

Vierakun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker3
I think I can agree with a few of them on here. Mostly some edits on some lower-end players but really just "correcting" (IMO) some of the things I've noticed on the ratings so far. I agree Rodgers' speed should come down a bit, Victor Cruz (NYG) should be higher than a 61.

Even though I will be using the Eagles in one of my franchises (usually run a few, good team, rebuilding team, terrible team, etc.), I'm going to lower DeSean's catch rating from 91, and probably raise Maclin's just a bit. I also noticed that Tony Moeaki (TE from KC) is only a 76 OVR. He had a great rookie season last year and I think deserves to be more in the 80-82 range.

Finally, I will also be editing Danario Alexander (STL) up from whatever his rating is. If not for his knee issues, he would have been Bradford's #1 easy last year. I've seen him play many times while at Mizzou and the flashes he showed in games last year. He is a freak. 6'5", 4.4 40-time, 42" vertical. If he can stay healthy he will be a great asset to Bradford for many years.
I have to agree with you about the eagle's wr's. I don't see how Desean Jackson's catching is in the 90's. His spectacular catching, yes, but not catching. It should be like 86 or something like that, and Maclin's should be higher. I mean, I specifically remembering D-Jax dropping some easy passes last year. I think his catching was a little overrated.
NCAA BB: Illinois Illini
And no, I don't watch baseball...boooring (imo)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »