Home

Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

This is a discussion on Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vierakun
I already know Robert Griffin III. I agree that the man will be good.

Anyhow, let me put it this way. Even though we can clearly see now that he's accurate, and he had a good season last year, he should have lower accuracy ratings because of his first seven years? Keep in mind that he was out of football for two years, so who knows how much he worked on it during that time. If you're saying that we should focus on the past, then in that case, I suppose that if Plaxico Burress has a bad 2011 season, he should still have like a 90 ovr rating or higher next year, because before he went to jail, he was, statistically, one of the best receivers in the league. Right? Well, in that situation, I would lower Plaxico's ratings, much in the same way I am increasing Vick's ratings after his past good season. I truly feel that his accuracy, which was horrible in the past, is actually pretty good now. I think it should be more like an 88 or 89, not a drastic change, but not 85.

And I don't get your example with Cam. I don't think he'll be a bust because it was one year. I think he'll be a bust because at Auburn, he had wide open WR's, and rarely had to ever go down his progressions. He won't have that luxury in Carolina, and his average accuracy will finally be evident. At the same time, he could very well succeed if he overcomes all this. I just believe it's unlikely, but none of this matters anyways. This is the wrong thread for this.
just saying im pretty sure he wasnt practicing football or that was his top priority while he was away. his first seven years represent a lot. One year wonders. His entire life he was a 55% college it was before last year it was 52%, last year was different because he had play makers in maclin and jackson and teams had no idea he was even playing last year. Kolb was the original starter. pretty big differences in play style. Also if you look at the game logs, he started to digress every game, bc teams knew what they would face now. Maclin is in severe shape, he has a serious disease and they don't want to admit it but his career is in lingo. Steve smith knee is terrible. theres a reason the giants didn't give him a lot of money, especially after boss was officially gone.desean jackson is just speed, he has horrible hands and is WAY overrated in madden. Its between Coop and Avant. You'll see how good his accuracy this year, last time i checked nnamdi and drc don't play WR.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dterpfan
hmmm i dont remember saying he deserves 90 acc, you said he has no accuracy. Under Andy Reid and Mary M, his accuracy and overall QB skill has improved immensely. To say Vick has no accuracy is just ignorant.
&nbsI don't feel like typing it all up again, but understand, ITS ONE YEAR. Andy Reid? Because McNabb was so accurate? AJ Feely has done great? Kolb and his 3-4 record and horrible games? he is overrated, how many rings does reid have? Vick had ONE good year, before last year his career pct% was 52. Jamarcus Russell was 53%. Vick is only and NFL QB because his atheletic ability, without those legs he isn't in the league. and that speed doesnt last forever, its the first to go especially when you hit 30's.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #35
Rookie

Vierakun's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not debating that his accuracy was bad before, but that's the problem here. You're so gung ho on his past stats that you refuse to believe that what you actually see is the truth. If you could watch replays right now of Vick last season, you would be able to clearly see that he fits balls into places perfectly and his throws are on point.

Not the best example, but still an example. In basketball, Michael Jordan was a horrible 3 point shooter his first couple seasons. The first good season he had was his sixth when he shot 37.1% (with attempting 245 3 pointers, more than twice of any of his previous seasons)...by your standards, then using the 90-91 bulls in 2k11 (jordan's 7th season), jordan's 3 pointer shouldn't be any good. Yet it is. In the same sense, Vick's accuracy has improved in the past year.

Desean is slightly overrated, not vastly overrated. I agree that he doesn't have great hands, but he's not as bad as you're making him seem. If so, why has he had two straight 1000+ years and why is he considered one of the most electrifying players?
NCAA BB: Illinois Illini
And no, I don't watch baseball...boooring (imo)

Last edited by Vierakun; 08-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #36
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

vicks acc. has greatly improved, did no one watch the preseason game? even all of the espn broadcasters were shocked on how much he has improved
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #37
Banned

He had 1,000yds and like 50 catches, he just runs deep, thats why he is in the NFL, speed. Jordan's different, hes the greatest nba player of all time and had the drive and determination to be in the court practicing 24/7. Vick isn't a michael jordan. He isn't even the greatest scrambler of all time, i'd take Fran Tarkenton and Randall Cunningham before him, he just has so much speed that the QB postion has never seen before, evidence is his 1,000+ rushing season. He isn't a passer, believe me, now that teams will now know they will face vick, and maclin's career could be over, he isn't gunna be as good........im not just saying that about maclin, i feel bad for him, word is he could have AIDs, i hope him the best tho
Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
I usually adjust the ratings very slightly of some 49ers players to reflect how I think they should be. I also adjust several quarterbacks ratings as I see fit, and always lower Tom Brady aka "Mr. Overrated" to no higher than a 90.

That's crazy talk. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Shady Brady's, but he is a mortal lock first ballot hall of famer coming off of a MVP season. If he's not at least a 98 OVR I don't know who is.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm going to edit every team based on FGBratings especially for agility and speed

I've seen how those ratings play out in the college game and to me they offer better gameplay as opposed to EA's defautl ratings with DT's running around with 80+ acceleration or overated LB's with 80+ speed on every team

I'm officially hooked on the way players move with lower speed and agility ratings based on real data

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »