Home

Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

This is a discussion on Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

What edits do you guys plan on making to player attributes?

I always try to balance out some players before I start a franchise (For example, this year I think Hillis and Woodhead are rated way too high)

Also, as a Raiders fan, I am a little bias, so some players I like to increase a little bit (hey, it is MY game afterall)

But this year, since you can edit DURING your franchise, I am going to use my own style of progression. If someone has a monster year, I will boost them up accordingly. Likewise, I don't think older players regress enough, so at certain ages I will lower their ratings much more noticably (in the past LT and Westbrook for example could go to their early 30s and still be at 93)

I also think this is great for offsetting the flawed "potential" system- if a player performs well, why are they destined to stay <69 just because they have a D potential? And because some rookie was rated with A potential (like DHB in 2010) don't force him to progress all the way up to the 90s just because he was a first round pick

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player edits you definitely plan to make before/during franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
I also think this is great for offsetting the flawed "potential" system- if a player performs well, why are they destined to stay <69 just because they have a D potential? And because some rookie was rated with A potential (like DHB in 2010) don't force him to progress all the way up to the 90s just because he was a first round pick
i never understood this about progression. players should progress based on PERFORMANCE!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm not going to edit anyone...if they aren't an 80 I'm not making them better than what they are...I'm not really a big fan of being able to edit players in the season cause if people want to everyone can be 99 but to each there own..I didn't buy the game for everyone so everyone has a right to play the game the way THEY want to..The only person I've ever edited was Michael Vick last year and I think I made Ray Lewis the best LB but he's my fav player soo
Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

I'm only planning to mess with progression in extreme circumstances. I remember an instance in the past, where a backup safety kept being near the league lead in interceptions, but never progressing despite the fact that he hadn't yet reached his maximum potential. For players like that I'd probably give them an appropriate bump. Likewise if a player stinks it up badly but doesn't go down at all, I might lower their OVR a bit.
Now that I think about it, I might mess around with the progression of awareness, especially for rookies (unless they've fixed that for this game).

Last but not least, I have always felt that Madden does not have nearly enough randomization in its progression. What I'm going to do is randomly select a certain number of players in the league and then boost either their OVR or their Potential by +5, +10, -5, or -5 in addition to any normal progression they have. I think this will greatly improve the fun of the franchise mode for me, because I'll never know if a player I sign (I gm for all 32 teams) is going to suddenly regress or suddenly progress. I might even do the random progression several times throughout the year too. Who knows? No matter what I'm going to have tons of fun with this feature.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

On the player progression note, it was fixed this year so now players progress based on stats relative to other players in their age group. And older players regress more, so I don't have to worry about that.

However, since big name players always get overrated in Madden, I will adjust those, and then start my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Last but not least, I have always felt that Madden does not have nearly enough randomization in its progression. What I'm going to do is randomly select a certain number of players in the league and then boost either their OVR or their Potential by +5, +10, -5, or -5 in addition to any normal progression they have. I think this will greatly improve the fun of the franchise mode for me, because I'll never know if a player I sign (I gm for all 32 teams) is going to suddenly regress or suddenly progress. I might even do the random progression several times throughout the year too. Who knows? No matter what I'm going to have tons of fun with this feature.
Thats actually a really interesting idea- some players just fall off the map, and other become good out of nowhere (brandon Lloyd) so it adds that element

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

I do not plan on editing any player right away, but I will edit older players such as Peyton Manning if he is still over a 90 ovr at age 38 in the game...
Old 08-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

will we be able to make a community downloadable roster like in 2k? Cause i want to create a stretched ratings roster for the community the week after the game comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »