Home

Broken: Hail Mary

This is a discussion on Broken: Hail Mary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Broken: Hail Mary

this may be on all deep passes. Playing the demo last night with a buddy and in the second game he went for a Hail Mary at the end of the half and got it. That was cool, but at the end of the same game he did it again, against a Prevent D. Complete.

The next game we decided to test the Hail Mary's. Ridiculous. If you did nothing but throw Hail Mary's, you'd probably never see a fourth down. After watching replays, we noticed that all defenders and most receivers would continue running with their arms stretched out, while only ONE player, a receiver, would jump and catch the ball. We had times where the ball was off target or the WR was hit in the air during the catch causing an I completion, but we have yet to see defenders jumping up and DEFENDING the pass. This NEEDS to be addressed on or before release.

If you don't believe me, try it yourself. Throw a couple of Hail Mary's and watch the replay and how the defenders act.

I was pretty impressed with the game, but this is the biggest cheese I've seen in a Madden.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Broken: Hail Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
this may be on all deep passes. Playing the demo last night with a buddy and in the second game he went for a Hail Mary at the end of the half and got it. That was cool, but at the end of the same game he did it again, against a Prevent D. Complete.

The next game we decided to test the Hail Mary's. Ridiculous. If you did nothing but throw Hail Mary's, you'd probably never see a fourth down. After watching replays, we noticed that all defenders and most receivers would continue running with their arms stretched out, while only ONE player, a receiver, would jump and catch the ball. We had times where the ball was off target or the WR was hit in the air during the catch causing an I completion, but we have yet to see defenders jumping up and DEFENDING the pass. This NEEDS to be addressed on or before release.

If you don't believe me, try it yourself. Throw a couple of Hail Mary's and watch the replay and how the defenders act.

I was pretty impressed with the game, but this is the biggest cheese I've seen in a Madden.
Ah ha! This helps me date the demo a little bit. This was fixed quite a while ago, just didn't make the demo. I actually used this and made one of the other designers get so angry he left early that day. It was awesome.

I'm struggling to remember if that was fixed before or after E3.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ah ha! This helps me date the demo a little bit. This was fixed quite a while ago, just didn't make the demo. I actually used this and made one of the other designers get so angry he left early that day. It was awesome.
Thank you! So relieved.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

You could be right.

I tried to throw some deep balls, sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss. I've thought I made a few times and then find out the ball was knocked out.

NCAA has a problem with safety's playing brain dead, so, maybe it's the same with Madden. Hopefully, Madden has been paying attention to NCAA issues.

Edit- Thanks AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ, there is talk that the demo is an early May build, earlier than the E3 build. Is that true. Pasta and a staffer here thought the E3 builds were better.

Thanks if you can veirify.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You could be right.

I tried to throw some deep balls, sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss. I've thought I made a few times and then find out the ball was knocked out.

NCAA has a problem with safety's playing brain dead, so, maybe it's the same with Madden. Hopefully, Madden has been paying attention to NCAA issues.

Edit- Thanks AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ, there is talk that the demo is an early May build, earlier than the E3 build. Is that true. Pasta and a staffer here thought the E3 builds were better.

Thanks if you can veirify.
I don't believe that's information I'd be permitted to release if I could personally nail it down. That said, I know this particular issue was fixed quite a while ago, and I've heard other issues (ridiculous QB scrambling, 10 sacks a game) that appear to be demo-issues only.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Fantastic news. This was one of my biggest gripes with the demo. That and the punt returns were probably my two biggest concerns.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

Wow, I thought up a new name for you: Adembroski "The World's Biggest Cheeser!!"

Seriously though, that is great news!! Pastapadre and Christian, both people who played E3 and the demo, thought E3's game was MUCH better. So, hopefully, the retail version is closer to E3's version than the demo and all the nuances in this demo are fixed.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't believe that's information I'd be permitted to release if I could personally nail it down. That said, I know this particular issue was fixed quite a while ago, and I've heard other issues (ridiculous QB scrambling, 10 sacks a game) that appear to be demo-issues only.
Thanks for the info, don't want to get you into trouble, we need you!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »