Home

Is Coach Mode in Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Is Coach Mode in Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3
Is Coach Mode in Madden 12?

I am a coach mode only guy, and I was wondering if Madden will have a mode like NCAA has this year.

This will determine whether I buy it.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is Coach Mode in Madden 12?

It seems so. There's an option for it in the demo, but it's greyed out (like many options in the demo) so I can't try it out.

What I wonder is whether "coach mode" still just means auto-throwing, or if it includes the kicking game this time around.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

All I know is that you'll be able to switch teams in franchise mode. I don't know whether that means that there will be a coach or gm mode where you get fired/hired by teams or whether you'll just pick whatever team you want to control.

I'm hoping for something similar to what NCAA 12 has because it just adds that much depth to franchise mode. Switching to whatever team you want in the off season is not realistic and pointless IMO, I'd rather just start a new franchise.

I remember this was a feature in madden games long ago ( I got a job offer from another team in franchise mode in madden 03 IIRC). Why they took out this feature is beyond me. I guess its just one of those things EA removes, adds back a few years later and calls it new.

Last edited by T5063; 08-12-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Risin's Arena

Thanks guys!

...and go Sabres!

Sorry Azamien, but I live in Buffalo. Habs have an awesome team, look forward to renewing the rivalry, now that we have an owner willing to spend.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
All I know is that you'll be able to switch teams in franchise mode. I don't know whether that means that there will be a coach or gm mode where you get fired/hired by teams or whether you'll just pick whatever team you want to control.

I'm hoping for something similar to what NCAA 12 has because it just adds that much depth to franchise mode. Switching to whatever team you want in the off season is not realistic and pointless IMO, I'd rather just start a new franchise.

I remember this was a feature in madden games long ago ( I got a job offer from another team in franchise mode in madden 03 IIRC). Why they took out this feature is beyond me. I guess its just one of those things EA removes, adds back a few years later and calls it new.
Coaching Carousel isn't what the OP was talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Risin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Coaching Carousel isn't what the OP was talking about.
You are correct.

I downloaded the demo (didn't know it was out) and I seen a coach mode option in the settings. Time to get my hopes up...
Old 08-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Pro

xanax12's Arena

OVR: 5

I can't see anything Coach Mode in youtube, which makes me wonder whether to stick with APF 2K8. But at least NCAA Football 12, with the new Coach Mode feature, can be worth waiting for.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Risin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax12
I can't see anything Coach Mode in youtube, which makes me wonder whether to stick with APF 2K8. But at least NCAA Football 12, with the new Coach Mode feature, can be worth waiting for.
In the demo, if you try to change the settings during a game, one of them is coach mode. It is locked though, so I will check back after I download the game Friday and update this thread, if you want me to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »