Home

Cutler is out of control.....

This is a discussion on Cutler is out of control..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Cutler is out of control.....

After experiencing the following I was reminded that someone else posted somewhere that Cutler had run for 80 yards on him and no one could catch him (even with guys who had higher speed ratings).

Speed threshold changes may help this but here's what happened to me...and if this keeps up it will ruin the game for me.

I've been playing on all madden and am happy about how tough it's been. All games have been close but out of 8 games I've only won 3. Two losses really aggravated me.

In one I was up 6-0 (and loving that the defense finally plays well in the new madden compared to last year) with 15 seconds. He has a 3rd or maybe 4th down play from around midfield. I play deep zone (not prevent mind you...I think it was cover 6) and Cutler scrambles. My entire defense just stood still and I tried to switch to players but by the time I did he'd be by me...all the way to the endzone...way too fast and my D did not react at all!

Another game I'm up 7-0, last drive of the game and Cutler runs 3 times during the drive for first downs again with everyone standing around. One in particular irks me...he's rolling right...I'm moving over with the mlb to stop the scramble...my DE on that side has come off his block to pursue and I have a CB in the flat....Cutler turns upfield....despite having an angle on him he flies past the DE and my MLB and the HB just stands still and watches him go by.

I'm hoping this is an aberration that just happened to occur on successive nights. This will be a game killer for me if it keeps happening....I can only imagine what Vick and Newton and Vince Young etc. will be like. I don't mind successful scrambles but really the D has to react. Sure he can get a first down when no one is near him but with guys right there just standing still...that's really annoying....is it just me?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cutler is out of control.....

Its a demo. Alot will be different than in the retail version. It will be fine.

Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Spoiler

2nd
Spoiler
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I never had Cutler run more then 15 yards total on me.........Bears offensive line is weak, I sack him majority of the time before he even has a chance to take off.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I have played tons of demo Madden 12 games and never have seen either qb run for more then a few yards here and there. I do not see Cutler or Rodgers acting like Vick or running by anyone.

If you play Cover 6 then you will get a back or qb who can gash you and if you have slow old man reflexes then it would be hard for you to switch. But unless he has about 20 yards to go for a first why would anyone play cover 6 Deep Zone. You are asking for a gash play.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
After experiencing the following I was reminded that someone else posted somewhere that Cutler had run for 80 yards on him and no one could catch him (even with guys who had higher speed ratings).

Speed threshold changes may help this but here's what happened to me...and if this keeps up it will ruin the game for me.

I've been playing on all madden and am happy about how tough it's been. All games have been close but out of 8 games I've only won 3. Two losses really aggravated me.

In one I was up 6-0 (and loving that the defense finally plays well in the new madden compared to last year) with 15 seconds. He has a 3rd or maybe 4th down play from around midfield. I play deep zone (not prevent mind you...I think it was cover 6) and Cutler scrambles. My entire defense just stood still and I tried to switch to players but by the time I did he'd be by me...all the way to the endzone...way too fast and my D did not react at all!

Another game I'm up 7-0, last drive of the game and Cutler runs 3 times during the drive for first downs again with everyone standing around. One in particular irks me...he's rolling right...I'm moving over with the mlb to stop the scramble...my DE on that side has come off his block to pursue and I have a CB in the flat....Cutler turns upfield....despite having an angle on him he flies past the DE and my MLB and the HB just stands still and watches him go by.

I'm hoping this is an aberration that just happened to occur on successive nights. This will be a game killer for me if it keeps happening....I can only imagine what Vick and Newton and Vince Young etc. will be like. I don't mind successful scrambles but really the D has to react. Sure he can get a first down when no one is near him but with guys right there just standing still...that's really annoying....is it just me?
Yea that was me. Cutler smoked charles woodson. Haha he even pulled away another 5-10 yards over the last 50 yards. I was to busy laughing to get pissed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

More than likely just a method the AI has to stoop to, to stay competitive on All-Madden
Old 08-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees

What speed threshold were you playing on?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

What game are you all playing? The QB's only run if you let them. What? Are you all playing nothing but deep coverage?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »