Home

Fumble into the endzone = turnover?

This is a discussion on Fumble into the endzone = turnover? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Fumble into the endzone = turnover?

I saw something weird in Madden last night that I've never seen before and thought I'd share...

Doug Jolley catches a short pass and smashes his way past Quentin Jammer on his way to the endzone before being met by both Charger safeties about a yard out. So, I try diving into the endzone, and Jolley loses the ball, which bounces away from the defense, into the endzone, and out of bounds.

Next thing I know, San Diego has the ball on their 20 yard line.

So, I'm not sure if this is the rule or not? It just happened with no words coming on the screen (you think they'd at least tell you that you turned it over like they do when you fumble or throw a pick.) Also, if it is the rule, it seems silly to punish the offense so dramatically for fumbling it into the endzone -- it seems more logical to spot it at the point of the fumble. As it was, I lost a perfect good 20-yard catch by Jolley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 03:45 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Fumble into the endzone = turnover?

If im not mistaken that is how it is in the NFL. I did that to an opponent once after they were about to score a long TD and were showboating... my defender knocked the ball lose and out of the back of the endzone and I got it on the 20. Needless to say I was very happy after watching the guy highstep and then not even get the TD.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

if you fumble it out of the back of the endzone from the field, I think it's their ball on the 20.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 14

If you fumble out of the opposing team's endzone, it is ruled a touchback and the other team gets possesion.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:53 PM   #5
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

CheckMate said:
If you fumble out of the opposing team's endzone, it is ruled a touchback and the other team gets possesion.

How do you figure you get the ball if you fumbled??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes that is true. That happend last year in the NFL and I was wondering what the ruling was for a while if that happend. it was the Eagles and another team, and someone fumbled and the opposite team got the ball on their 20.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

They are correct. IF you fumble the ball and it goes out of bounds in your opponents end zone, your opponent gets possesion of the ball on the 20.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

mvb34 said:
Quote:

CheckMate said:

How do you figure you get the ball if you fumbled??

Well, I just figured that they'd re-spot the ball at the point of the fumble or something... it's not like you fumbled and they recovered it if it bounces out of bounds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »