Home

How are you suppose to win on All-Madden (M'12)

This is a discussion on How are you suppose to win on All-Madden (M'12) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: How are you suppose to win on All-Madden (M'12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Im going to chime in on this subject. I play on all-madden with default sliders in past years. I get good competition from the cpu but I win most of the time. With that said All-madden on the m12 demo is a bit unrealistic. It has a little bit of nba2k12 characteristics on hall of fame difficulty (those that play nba2k12 know what im talking about) in it. The cpu does things that are a bit unrealistic and they seem like they have a rating boost to every player.

For example the first game i played was on all madden against the bears. Matt Forte literally broke the first tackle every time he touched the ball. Now i could understand if i was playing with the rams, bills, or any other bottom feeder team but this was the defending super bowl champs that was missing tackles at a rate that it shouldnt happen.

Here is another example that in no way can be defended. Cutler scrambled and hawk was closing in on him. Next thing you know hawk is on the ground looking up at cutler running down field. Cutler just bounces off hawk like he is AP. And i have seen this from both QBs in the demo and it has happened a number of times.

So in all Yes skill has alot to do with winning on all-madden but the cpu definitely gets a boost.

A. I'm glad someone else is seeing the break tackle issue.
B. Lower the btk cpu slider to 15-25 range. That made a huge difference for me. And this is why I like all madden...he'll play me tough and I can adjust sliders (thank god) to fix certain issues.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntellectualAssassin
Don't get it twisted, I can be very good at this game when I want to be. I just prefer not to be, because being good entails doing unrealistic things. Plain and simple.

I do nothing but play sim against the cpu on all madden...the only issues I've ever had with the game is when things like I fumble despite covering up the ball. Or his 80 spd WR gets behind my prevent D for a game winning TD....but those dont' happen every game. I'll also admist to using the "replay" button when something outlandish happens (I remember one game where I was up by two scores and the cpu caused to fumbles in the last few minutes and ran them both back....hit the old replay on the second one). Again though it's rare. I think all madden forces you to play MORE SIM than all pro. YOu cant' run the same 3 plays and beat him, you have to match up to his O (can't play 4-3 against his 5 WR set). I can't comment on you or other all pro players gameplay calling but I KNOW that if I'm not really thinking and paying attention I get killed. BUT if I play smart I'll win and get realistic stats as well - which is my passion. Most of the time I'm handicapping myself even on all madden. With the exception of fixing little things like broken tackles or dropped passes. I had a lot of sliders at or near 0 for human last year. This year, Thank God, the all madden actually seems really tough.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's a total of 4 difficulty settings in Madden .. there's thousands of people playing it .. we all have different abilities .. it can't suit everyone ..

So use the sliders and stop crying ..
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #44
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

All-Madden is winnable but its just not fun. I play on All-pro for a few games and then starting editing my A.I settings to make it more difficult as the seasons goes on.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off if you are playing the CPU all the time, you aren't going to get any better.

The best way to better your skills is to play people better than you, and play on the All Madden Setting. We run a lot of online franchises, and in the rare chance someone has to get a CPU game due to a scheduling conflict or something, we have rules that keep people from scoring 100+ on the CPU on All Madden....its unrealistic but easy as hell to do.

The real problem is most people only have their "money plays". They only run 5-6 plays and if those are stopped, they blame the settings.... the playbooks are deep for a reason, I suggest you get more comfortable with the playbook and learn to make better reads.

All-Pro, Pro etc... is almost like Pee Wee Football in my eyes. Its probably good for the younger kids, but its just completely unrealistic in its simplicity.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

If you are playing on All-Madden, you are NOT'!!!!!!! serious bout playing a real game of football, or a real game as close as you can get it anyway....cause All-Madden is not for serious gamers....
Old 08-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
If you are playing on All-Madden, you are NOT'!!!!!!! serious bout playing a real game of football, or a real game as close as you can get it anyway....cause All-Madden is not for serious gamers....
You are absolutely right, I couldn't agree more.

All-Madden isn't for serious gamers. Its for serious football players, serious football fans, people who understand the game of football, understand more than just the arcade version of football.

If you want to play a "Game"... I agree 100%, All Madden isn't for you. If you actually know something about football, can read a defense, understand adjusting lines etc... then All Madden is for you.

But if you are just a "gamer", then maybe you should be playing Blitz.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizon
I have to disagree with you. How are you going to utilize any plays featuring double move routes when your line only gives you 1-2 seconds of protection? The flag routes, bell routes, out and ups, and the read routes are for the most part taken out of the game because you just don't get enough time for them to develop.

I think last year I ended up playing on like

12 pass - Computer a little too good at tearing you up through the air
17 rush - Computer sucks at rushing, they need to be godly at breaking tackles to be effective
14 pass D - receivers wouldn't break their presses until the rush hit at 15... didn't want to throw 4 yard routes to TE's and RB's all game
15 rush D - alot of running plays are worthless, had to constantly use strong side runs or audible into runs out of passes to get any decent gains (computer will always line up in 4-3/3-4 against run even if you call a 4 WR run play)
The CPU doesn't come through every play with 1 to 2 seconds and you can utilize those plays when they don't. Blocking adjustments is a must too. I was more into the short passing game anyway but a lot of my friends utilized those routes a lot out of shotgun in our offline franchise..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »