Home

Deciding on purchasing Madden 12

This is a discussion on Deciding on purchasing Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7
Deciding on purchasing Madden 12

Trying to decide on purchasing Madden 12 or if it would be better to wait till next year. Purchased Madden 11 last year as it was my first year with a PS3 and was disappointed in the game play and graphics, but the demo seems really good. Thoughts on whether or not Madden 12 is worth it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Deciding on purchasing Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkel
Trying to decide on purchasing Madden 12 or if it would be better to wait till next year. Purchased Madden 11 last year as it was my first year with a PS3 and was disappointed in the game play and graphics, but the demo seems really good. Thoughts on whether or not Madden 12 is worth it?
I think so, here's a video to maybe help you decide. This is from the end of July event in NYC and there's a couple videos from E3 in here, mainly the Packers at the beginning and the Rams at the end. The E3 videos have multi-colored tv's in them, so it's pretty easy to distinguish between E3 and NY event.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Personally,I will buy Madden only if will be allowed to save during the game.
I can't play a full game,can play only 20-25 min twice a day, so I really need this feature.
otherwise I will continue to play madden 08...the last madden with the in-game save...
I can't understand: many people asked for it during the last years,because many people have a problem with time.
not everyone can sit for an hour with no interruptions,and play a full game! many people asked for this feature since 2009, when EA decided to remove the in-game save.
It's really so complicated to restore it?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Download the demo.

If that's not enough for you to decide, rent the game when it comes out.

I guess what I'm driving at is we're not you. We don't know what makes a game "worth it" in your eyes. And I'm not trying to be mean saying that, I'm just saying you should really try the game and form your own opinion than go off the suggestions of anonymous internet peoples who may have an entirely different definition of "fun" and "worth it" than you do.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #5
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

As Dayman says: In the end you have to decide for yourself. If you're having fun with the demo and can see yourself playing the retail game, then buy it. If not, rent it and try the full game, or skip it all together.

Personally, I'm skipping it - though I might rent it to see what franchise mode looks like - but that's because of my own opinions based on the demo and the video footage I've seen. I just don't like Madden's gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

We have this forum for you to go through the various threads and make a decision for yourself.

We don't need separate threads for everyone who is considering purchasing the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »