Home

hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again

This is a discussion on hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: hoping the draft classes aren't suped up like crazy again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
They did. This is from the Franchise blog, I'm going to use the handmade classes, but I know that a lot people here will use the NCAA classes, because they have to have real players.
Hopefully they made it into the Online Franchise...

Last edited by Uncle Way; 08-18-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I posted soemthing about this in the NCAA side but no one responded.

Im a little worried about what the progression of QB's in NCAA is going to do to Madden. Every season i go thur and look at the qb's and there is any where from 4-8 rated 99's and 30-50 rated in the 90's im worried that when i draft in madden that it will be sayign to draft a qb every year.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #27
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja109
I like how you put it but i still want to see like late round gems sorta like Tom Brady and maybe have a pool of undrafted free agents that could be a Future pro bowler (James Harrison) or one that doesn't amount to anything at all. The only problem I see with that is that there would be way to many of those gems maybe like 3-4 at most in a class? It would also be cool if it could be implemented in the Ncaa Class also.
it would also be cool to have like 1 top 10 drafted guy be a complete bust. like tim couch, russel, ryan leaf etc. but like a said have it be like only 1 guy out of the top 10 or 15 that will completely bomb and go downhill and be worthless. i think this would be cool
Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #28
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

The draft classes were perfect except for HT/WT sometimes. There were some weird looking linemen.

Ratings were perfect.

Every year there are rookies in the real NFL that start and/or play like starters and often make pro-bowls. Blount/Peterson/Pouncey/Suh just a few off the top of my head that should have been mid-high 80s players their rookie season.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #29
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpmar9x
I hope they tone it down as well. Franchise wasn't fun with a whole bunch of fake 6'5 WR with 99 speed running around.

No rookie should be above >80 opening day IMO. Especially a fake draft class. Tone down the size, height, speed, overall rating of the draft class. I have no problem with have a couple freaks in the draft, because that always happens... but not 50% of the players ha
There is a lot of exaggerating going on in this post.

Also, Suh, Pouncey, Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount all should have been over 80 on opening day. Maybe Bradford and a few others as well.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
With the expanded preseason rosters, will there be more players imported from NCAA?
Good question, I'd assume there'd more UDFA's in the classes and have my fingers crossed that there will be.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I was really hoping that Madden would allow us to edit imported draft classes this year similar to the draft class feature in NBA 2k12.
Sure, I can edit the rookies after being drafted, but th eother option still would have been nice
Not sure if we'll have the ability to edit the draft class but draft class 'tuning' has been added for this year. Hopefully between this addition and player editing you'll be able to customize your draft class more to your preferences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
There is a lot of exaggerating going on in this post.

Also, Suh, Pouncey, Mike Williams, LeGarrette Blount all should have been over 80 on opening day. Maybe Bradford and a few others as well.
I agree - Russell Okung, Dez Bryant and Eric Berry and a few others probablly also played like 80+ players right from the get go. Funny thing is Williams was a 4th round pick and Blount wasn't even drafted - which is par for the course. Approximately 20% of NFL players were UDFA's, and 11 of the NFLN's top 100 players countdown (as voted by the players) were UDFA's. The way some poster make it sound, all guys not drafted in the first 2-3 rounds should be rated in the 50's and 60's which is preposterous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »