Home

Help available with sliders to make gameplay better.

This is a discussion on Help available with sliders to make gameplay better. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Help available with sliders to make gameplay better.

I've been reading alot of people complaining about all madden being impossible etc. And wanted to put it out there that you should come to the slider forum if you'd like some help adjusting areas that are bothering you (say like RB's breaking a zillion tackles every play).

I hear the comment alot that all pro is too easy and all madden impossible. Toward correcting that there are many guys in the slider forum who have come up with excellent all pro and all madden sliders.

Myself, Jarrod, Steelcityjames, dirtguru, playmaker and many others I can't remember spend tons of time getting sliders to give them realistic play. I know myself I'm totally anal about getting realistic gameplay and stats from my games. I'd rather lose and have realistic stats then win games with stats that are way out of whack.

For those who doubt...I assure you that sliders will fix MOST of the gameplay issues you have (nothing's perfect) and help you enjoy the game even more.

You will find threads on:
1. slider sets you can use
2. how to set up sliders yourself (what they do and how they affect gameplay - somethings aren't obvious like the int slider helping with overall pass coverage better than the pass reaction slider etc.).
3. what are realistic stats to shoot for (if you want that)
4. how to run or pass the ball better

and so on.

I know all the above guys will be working hard right out of the box on release date to make this game better. I for one would be willing to help ANYONE who asks for it and I'm sure my slider gurus will do the same. Happy gaming.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Help available with sliders to make gameplay better.

Just wanted to come in here and make a quick comment on sliders. I have been playing Madden for a long time and admittedly never used slider adjustments. I would always just set it on all-pro or all-madden and go from there. I have not played Madden much at all the last few years because I just think it has been a pretty poor product.

I played the Madden demo this year and instantly thought the game had a ton of potential. However, I found it very difficult to run the football because it seemed like defensive players would always immediately shed their blocks as soon as I hit the line of scrimmage. I was also very frustrated with the passing game because it seemed like the DB's would make unrealistic breaks on the ball and the safeties covered way to much ground to have an effective passing game.

I decided to try the demo sliders in the sliders forum. It made the game infinitely better IMO. I will definitely be using sliders in franchise mode this year. After being completely underwhelmed with every next-gen game the Madden team has produced, I am very excited to play M12 this year.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Some tips for All-Madden, Ease off the sprint till you know you can get through a hole, Cover up button is your friend, Wrap up is more efficient than hit stick, short passes help to set up the big one. Adjust Oline before running.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Again all these tips etc are available in the slider forum. You can also do a search for things like that. I and others have posted on this kind of thing alot. there are even guys doing demo sliders, which I discussed with the slider gods in a thread there. Of course the retail game is likely to be different so check it out for the real sliders on release date.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »