Home

No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions.

This is a discussion on No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: No sideline or back of the endzone Interceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I've had at least 3 INTs where I've had to skirt the sideline just to stay in (mostly on out-routes). I've also had multiple INTs on comeback and curl routes that have a yard or two from the sideline.

All I can say is I play a LOT of man coverage, so maybe this has something to do with it? I've never had a sideline INT in zone coverage.

Ok I'm going to keep checking this out on the Demo.. Hopefully your right.. I would like to see more of these. They still need to add a sideline toe tapping animation for DBs on 13. Basically DBs should have the same catching animation as WRs.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #18
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Ok I'm going to keep checking this out on the Demo.. Hopefully your right.. I would like to see more of these. They still need to add a sideline toe tapping animation for DBs on 13. Basically DBs should have the same catching animation as WRs.
I agree partially, but I don't think they should have the SAME animations as WRs. It's already annoying to see a CB go for the exact same over-the-shoulder-catch animation at the EXACT SAME TIME as the WR. WRs and CBs need to be given WAY MORE catch animations, and they should also have completely different catch animations.

That way, you won't see the CB and WR mirroring each other anymore.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I agree partially, but I don't think they should have the SAME animations as WRs. It's already annoying to see a CB go for the exact same over-the-shoulder-catch animation at the EXACT SAME TIME as the WR. WRs and CBs need to be given WAY MORE catch animations, and they should also have completely different catch animations.

That way, you won't see the CB and WR mirroring each other anymore.

Yeah your right. Well at least some of them like diving INTs and sideline toe tapping catches. DBs do go for over the shoulder catches though but I hear what your saying about them doing it at the exact same time as the WR.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I have to admit I haven't seen a lot of action with the back of the endzone INTs but when I do get a chance or the CPU gets a chance its always dropped but I know for a fact its nothing with the INTs by the sideline. I've seen plenty of those to come to that conclusion.. But check it out when you get a chance..
Quote:
I've gotten a few picks but I'll definitely be raising the USER INTs once I get the game because they do drop a lot. The USER pass defense will probably look something like my 11 sliders.. But definitely keep an eye out for the sideline and back of the endzone INTs I'm talking about.
Quote:
Did you?? I've never seen it before in the 2 to 3 yard zone from those areas I'm talking about and I've had plenty of chances on Madden 11 and NCAA 12. It is always dropped or batted. I've seen it about 4 or 5 yards out but not in the 2 to 3 yard range. Its a big deal over here with me and my friends. We already know what to expect when the ball is thrown in that area and I been really paying close attention to it since I got NCAA 12 and played the Madden Demo and I've had plenty of oppurtunities for a pick and they're always dropped along with me throwing passes over there to the CPU that could have been picked by the sideline.. I really hope some kind of toe taping animation is added on 13 for INTs in those 2 areas..
Press the plus sign on the bottom right of each post, then press quote on the last one you want to include in your post, so you can do what I just did, instead of triple posting...
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

i havent had that problem either...i get picks in the back of the end zone...and honestly..most corners/safeties dont have the "toe tapping" ability..so IMO its realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

The next time you grab one in the back of the endzone upload the video. I would love to see it and I've seen plenty of spectacular sideline Interceptions over the years in real life. So its nothing realistic about that animation not being in the game for DBs. The catching rating should balance out the DBs who make spectacluar INTs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »