Home

DEMO vs. E3 version..what are the differences??

This is a discussion on DEMO vs. E3 version..what are the differences?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #33
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: DEMO vs. E3 version..what are the differences??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
It's not just you, I've noticed this too on the plays with the longer dropbacks. However, it tends to only be an issue if the D is blitzing. Now, whilst it wold be nice to be able to step up a little quicker when you see the blitz, you could argue that it's also a bit of a case of "okay, fair enough, they had a blitz coming, there wasn't time to run that play". I don't know if I'd say it make things realistic but sometimes the user ability to avoid certain things can make the game a little one sided. I'm not sure if this is one of those things, just that I've noticed it and it doesn't bother me too much. On 3rd and long situations where you might have a longer dropback there will usually be less blitzers and it's not a problem.
You should be able to stop a drop back. Real NFL QBs if they know a blitz is coming will shorten the drop back and step forward.
If you have the same issue, it's worrying, because that really shouldn't be the case.

Can you move laterally with your drop backs too?
That was an advertised feature and I cannot on 3, 5 and 7 step drops.
Only after the drop back is completed can I move or throw.

There's no reason for auto dropbacks to be in the game. We need to have control over these things, the fact that it SHOULDN'T be a problem doesn't stop it from being one.

I was hopeful it was just me, but you've made me doubt that, and if it isn't fixed in the final game, I will give it back.

It's unacceptable and has made the demo unplayable.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

i forgot, but i think you have to go down on the stick to break the auto drop back and then you can move your qb. they did this so people won't hike the ball and then run forward real quick to get a gain.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #35
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbseven
i forgot, but i think you have to go down on the stick to break the auto drop back and then you can move your qb. they did this so people won't hike the ball and then run forward real quick to get a gain.
BRO! IT WORKS!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH.

APPRECIATE IT A LOT.

I don't like this new way of breaking the auto drop back, and still feel it's poorly implemented and the previous way was better, but I can get used to this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

they can leave the psychic super jumping white michael vicks, what I cant stand is the cpu bombing it 60 yards and watching as the WR and my 2 DBs standing shoulder to shoulder let him rocket catch it while they do NOTHING.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
BRO! IT WORKS!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH.

APPRECIATE IT A LOT.

I don't like this new way of breaking the auto drop back, and still feel it's poorly implemented and the previous way was better, but I can get used to this!
How do you do it? Do you click the stick down or just hold down or what? left or right stick? I can't suss it out here.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
BRO! IT WORKS!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH.

APPRECIATE IT A LOT.

lmao haha your welcome.

yeah it weird, especially when your trying to step up in the pocket if a de or cb is coming off the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Jets
How do you do it? Do you click the stick down or just hold down or what? left or right stick? I can't suss it out here.
you just move the left stick down. don't push but move it down. after that you can move your qb anywhere.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #39
Rookie

Thanks for that.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #40
Rookie

juduking's Arena

go onto pastapadre, he has a pretty good write up of the main differences between the two

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »