Home

With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

This is a discussion on With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

Its a game isn't it?

In franchise mode you will do things that WOULD NOT happen IRL but its all part of the fun and excitement of making your own NFL world.

I love the fact that during pre-season week 1-4 ratings slowly released and you then find out whether the guys you kept are ok, great or busts.

Adds a suprise element that actually teams IRL get.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Its a game isn't it?

In franchise mode you will do things that WOULD NOT happen IRL but its all part of the fun and excitement of making your own NFL world.

I love the fact that during pre-season week 1-4 ratings slowly released and you then find out whether the guys you kept are ok, great or busts.

Adds a suprise element that actually teams IRL get.
I would still like the starting point to be real opening day rosters. I know a lot of people wait for the opening day roster release because of this.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Right, so there is an accurate week 1 roster, I download this and start my dynasty. Well the accurate week 1 rosters consists of about 55 guys. It's already been stated that year 1 of franchise has a 70 man roster for preseason and 75 man roster in year 2 and beyond.

So again, my question is this:

Who makes up the other 15 or so preseason players?

Will some of these 15 players "make the team" when the CPU is making decisions? If so, we're not really playing with accurate opening day rosters in our franchise.

Geez, I apologize for misunderstanding your question...My bad.

I don't follow the ins and outs of Madden so I didn't know the initial roster update would only be 55 players. I assumed it would be a full update to that point.

Again, I apologize.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Which is why I wasn't thrilled with the 75 man roster. REally, you're going to get 20 extra crappy guys that are automatic cuts. It may be a little more relevant by the 2nd year of the chise but I could do without this...especially if I'm going to have control 32 teams and either not cut guys or resign guys...that's pretty annoying. I know a lot of people wanted this...but I wasn't one of them. I'd have preferred the taxi squad.
How is it any different than previous years?

We would get a roster update prior to cuts that may or may not have been accurate and then an accurate week 1 roster.

I don't see the difference.

Sorry, I was on my phone earlier and could multi-quote.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't forget there will be a lot of guys on IR and PUP that will fill up most of those 15 players on each team when opening day rosters come out, unless they don't count towards the 75 (if IR works the way it should)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #14
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

If I wanted to have every team with accurate opening day rosters, would it be possible to controll every team and make the cuts myself? The one problem with controlling every team, is the free agency system. But can you switch teams in the offseason? If so, I could switch after year 1 so I only conroll 1 team. Would this plan be possible if I wanted to do it?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are the main menu rosters limited to 55? If so, that sucks, because that means roster updates are, once again, going to eliminate some good players due to injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

No the 75 or 70 man roster works outside of franchise as well because I still have croyle chandler williams cody slate and others during exbition games and there listed on the rosters. So looks like guys who go on ir will not be removed or placed in free agency!. Plus looks like ir works right so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »