Home

EA, PLEASE get rid of the psychic O linemen

This is a discussion on EA, PLEASE get rid of the psychic O linemen within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I have no issues either.

However, with that said, DT stunts and dropping linemen with a blitzing LB are absolutely worthless. Its one of the reason I have always played with a 4 man front. There is no advantage to zone blitzing from a 3-4 scheme in my opinion because the O-line does know who is and is not blitzing most of the time. They do miss blocks occasionally but it is rare that you can get a free blitzer by having a superior play call and not overloading.
Agreed. I hope EA can make improvements towards making a 3-4 D more effective and realistic (i.e. needing 2 lineman to block top NTs consistently, etc). Haven't played much of the demo yet but it did feel like it is getting better from the little I have played though.

Sent from my LG-P999
Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #10
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: EA, PLEASE get rid of the psychic O linemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I know that workaround, but I feel so cheap doing that because when you do, the o-line completely ignores you half the time, so it's the complete opposite end of the spectrum :/
I don't know. The line will react to you, but differently, and possibly too late. Also, when a back is kept in to block, they will try and pick you up. Also, you have to get a good jump on the snap. Besides, getting free for me doesn't normally mean a sack as much as it means a forced throw by the AI... again assuming the play did not leave a back in to block you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »