Home

Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Player Ratings - Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers

Cant wait till the update to see Dante Culpepper!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #34
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
I'm with you. And I can explain, too. In recent years, they have had it set up so that players in their 50s are rare and the weak end of your roster. Well, now they are going from 53 player rosters to 70 player rosters. But instead of having 50 rated players the guys that barely make your team like last year and M10, they are bunching 70 players per team into the same ratings as the 53 were. In other words, they are dumb and bunching the ratings together. The lowest guys who wouldn't stand a chance at making the team are rated the same as guys who would have been on the team in M10. In other words, they were stretching 53 players per team among about 50 overall rating points in Madden 10. Now they are stretching 70 players among 50 overall points causing players to be rated closer together and everybody being rated higher than the last two years. They should have just had those preseason bodies been rated lower and kept them stretched out.... but that's EA for ya.
It's ridiculous.

I posted a thread recommending a team of ratings people, in which more in depth and accurate (and hopefully scaled) ratings would be the norm instead of the exception.

It's like now, on Madden, only 'elite' players are of any use, and role players no longer exist.
Couple this with everyone getting such overblown ratings, means after 3 years of franchise progression, if every team doesn't have an 80 starter, they're doing something really really wrong.

You add the hot streak to the standard 80 rated player, and they become near enough 90's which is also completely wrong.

If starters were high 60's, low 70's, excellent players mid to high 80's and all 'elites' at low 90's, it'd even the balance out and make the game playable after a few years in franchise, and also make it more fun online.

This is a clear example of catering to the 'play now' and 'ranked' gamers, which Madden 11 proved didn't care at all about the game. SMH

It's heartbreaking seeing this game look so good, but undermine the sim aspirations with arcade ratings.

@DUDERMAN.

WTF?
How does that even work?

you've found them out. That shouldn't be acceptable.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiner
Cant wait till the update to see Dante Culpepper!
The 49ers HAVENT signed him yet and even if they do, he's going to be the third stringer even though I would play him ahead of Kaepernick because if he takes over mid-season like Smith did in 2005, its going to be a disaster. If Kaepernick doesnt start week one, I woulnt play him until 2012. Use 2011 and a rebuilding year and focus on 2012.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anybody know for sure if this edition will have a player editor where we can edit these attributes etc. Seems like they always do include that, but haven't had madden for a couple years now.

Can we edit players to make them as great or as lousy as we want

Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #37
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't understand Taylor Mays having 95 SPD. He ran an official 4.43 at the combine.

I think his inflated SPD rating is because NFL Network originally clocked him unofficially at 4.24. But it was UNOFFICIAL, and later corrected to 4.43. Why 95 SPD?
Old 08-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #38
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

They ran Taylor Mays in their video setup against the fastest guy at the combine, and he tied him. His official was like a 4.36. Mays's official time was so wrong it was silly. Mays has incredible straight line speed. He just has no coverage or ball skills. He is a massive hitter, no doubt.

That said, he went off to football oblivion with Lawson and Clements in Cincinnati.

Look at it this way, his own college coach passed on him, and a Pac 10 coach that saw him first hand for three years had no desire to have him on the team.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #39
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkHigh33
Sorry I don't buy into the OC argument ..

His arm is incredibly inaccurate and his decision making is garbage .. sorry that has nothing to do with your playbook ..

Guy shouldn't be in the NFL ..
It may not have to do with your playbook, but it does have to do with your offensive system, so, sorry, but if you don't think that consistency in your scheme has an effect on a QB, his accuracy and his decision making, then you don't know football.

It's not just about the QB, it is also different WR routes every year. Different timing in those routes. Different blocking schemes every year. Different hot calls every year. Different terminology. Different playcalling in different situations.

And it's not just changes like going from one WCO play caller to another. We are talking going from the WCO in year one, to Norv-West-Air in year two, to a horrible OC trying to combine the two in year three to Martz's Air Coreyall offshoot, in which he didn't even play in because a wire that was left in from his surgery Nolan rushed him back from SAWED through a bone in his shoulder,bbut, you know, everyone thought he was faking, in year four to Singeltary's ground and pound in year 5, in which they had to throw more than Martz had because they were always behind. Then HALFWAY through season six to the spread, his old college offense from 5 years ago and now finally, back to a run oriented WCO (which seems like a contradiction in terms).

Now that encompasses now 7 OCs and now 4 head coaches. Plus a year completely missed due to injury.

Show me ONE QB that has had success in this type of situation and under these circumstances. Not gonna happen.

Alex Smith is still around and rated a 75 because pretty much everyone on the planet except 49er fans, who should get it the most, get what this guy has been through and all have all seen the flashes of really Fing good play and think that if he can get some consistency and a good coach around him, he may still be a star. He has the tools. He just need to sharpen them.

People also still remember that Steve Young was well in his 7th and 8th years before he really became Steve Young on this very team.

Now I'm not saying that is going to happen, but you don't know until you get all the pieces in place.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
It may not have to do with your playbook, but it does have to do with your offensive system, so, sorry, but if you don't think that consistency in your scheme has an effect on a QB, his accuracy and his decision making, then you don't know football.

It's not just about the QB, it is also different WR routes every year. Different timing in those routes. Different blocking schemes every year. Different hot calls every year. Different terminology. Different playcalling in different situations.

And it's not just changes like going from one WCO play caller to another. We are talking going from the WCO in year one, to Norv-West-Air in year two, to a horrible OC trying to combine the two in year three to Martz's Air Coreyall offshoot, in which he didn't even play in because a wire that was left in from his surgery Nolan rushed him back from SAWED through a bone in his shoulder,bbut, you know, everyone thought he was faking, in year four to Singeltary's ground and pound in year 5, in which they had to throw more than Martz had because they were always behind. Then HALFWAY through season six to the spread, his old college offense from 5 years ago and now finally, back to a run oriented WCO (which seems like a contradiction in terms).

Now that encompasses now 7 OCs and now 4 head coaches. Plus a year completely missed due to injury.

Show me ONE QB that has had success in this type of situation and under these circumstances. Not gonna happen.

Alex Smith is still around and rated a 75 because pretty much everyone on the planet except 49er fans, who should get it the most, get what this guy has been through and all have all seen the flashes of really Fing good play and think that if he can get some consistency and a good coach around him, he may still be a star. He has the tools. He just need to sharpen them.

People also still remember that Steve Young was well in his 7th and 8th years before he really became Steve Young on this very team.

Now I'm not saying that is going to happen, but you don't know until you get all the pieces in place.
I thank you for this post .. as it's given me some great laughs, something I needed ..

I could name like 10 QB's right off the top of my head that could have a different HC and OC coach every year and still flourish at their position .. but Smith doesn't even deserve to be compared to the likes of those guys ..

But to bring Young into this was the icing on the cake .. Young backed up Montana for the first couple years, and in fact still play great as a back-up .. he got injured after a rocky start but guess what? When he came back he ate the league up .. when has Smith ever done that? Never ..

Your logic has so many holes ..

Last edited by PolkHigh33; 08-25-2011 at 07:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »