Home

Madden, How To Stop Hardest Running Backs To Stop

This is a discussion on Madden, How To Stop Hardest Running Backs To Stop within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

sologamer69's Arena

OVR: 2
Cool Madden, How To Stop Hardest Running Backs To Stop

Let's go with the more recent maddens, 10 & 11.

Adrian Peterson- He never gives me trouble, He is one of the better backs that I can stop with no problem.

Chris Johnson- I will hold him down but it never fails for him to get 1 big run on me.

Maurice Jones Drew- I have to be careful against him. There will be times where I completely shut him down and other times where he'll devastate me to no end. But he never fails to constantly break tackles no matter when I play him.

Marion Barber- I can do wonders when I'm using him. I can handle him no problem when im against him.

Steven Jackson- This man is kind of a pain in the back to me. I can easily shut him down in the run game because his acceleration is pretty low. But God forbid he EVER catches a short pass. He constantly turns it into a 20+ play. If he ever flairs out I always have at least 2 people on him.

Matt Forte- Just had a game against him where I held him to negative rushing yards most of the game then he broke a 73 yarder on me for a touchdown, very very mad.

Michael Turner - Easily with No doubt in my mind the hardest back to stop for me. he constantly breaks 2-3 tackles every time I play him. The lowest I have ever held him to is about 60 rushing yards. On One of my offline franchises I made my defense was ranked #1 in the League. It gave up like 2000 yards passing and 400 yards rushing. 150 of those yards came from Michael Turner. They Made his blend of speed and power for his size just too unstoppable.

Stopping these backs is like stopping a freight train, it's impossible and it's tiring me out. I shouldnt have the jets defense getting ran through consistently by power-backs or the bears defense getting multiple tackles broken by Jones-drew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden, How To Stop Hardest Running Backs To Stop

macfadden- always runs over me, at least 100yds per game in about 20 games vs the raiders...

CJ- does that lean foward and eludes too many tackles....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

McFadden just destroys my defense no matter what I do (All Madden). On All Pro I have a little more luck but he still gets his yards.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Rookie

sologamer69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
macfadden- always runs over me, at least 100yds per game in about 20 games vs the raiders...

CJ- does that lean foward and eludes too many tackles....
Ima give the stuff CJ does in the video game because after seeing the crazy stuff he does irl he might as well be playing a video game.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
Rookie

JHolsinger's Arena

OVR: 0

Jamaal Charles and Jahvid Best were also extremely dangerous on Madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »