Home

What makes you happy with a Madden game?

This is a discussion on What makes you happy with a Madden game? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What makes you happy with a Madden game?

For me it is franchise mode. I enjoy getting wrapped up in a good franchise mode and sharing, record performances, great comeback stories or heartbreaking losses to my friends as they do the same.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

For me its all about what is represented on the field. Honestly I care about the gameplay and graphics FIRST. I want the speed of the game represented, or at least the IMPACT and VIOLENCE Of the game accurately recreated. Little things like Helmets popping off (old Maddens had this), Water (from Rain) accumulating on helmets and then flying off at impact of another player (2k series had this). How about Scrapes and scuffs on helmets- Nice to see Madden 12 has this now. But no football game has ever captured the quickness and weight of the Defensive Lineman like the 2k series. (Although Maddens current animations for DE's are pretty sweet) In that game if you were a qb you had seconds to get rid of the ball if you were playing against someone who knew what they were doing ( or vs a very good team controlled by AI). In this way they captured the Speed and IMpact of NFL football like no other game to date. Madden is coming along in that respect. (and understand I think Madden 10,11 and the demo for 12 are WAY better than any 2k football to date, they are just way better at this point and I was a guy who played Madden from the original on Sega Genesis until 2k arrived then came back when 2k left.)
The running game has to be on and effective. As far as I am concerned, If you cant run the football, and stop the run or rush the passer you are done. And these are the aspects that I enjoy most about Video game football too.
So there it is...IF all of the action on the field is SOLID, I couldnt care less about playing seasons or franchises or anything. I just load up the game and enjoy. That is what I did with every 2k game I owned - Loaded up and played people online almost exclusively. IMO the gameplay was that good, I didnt need seasons or playoffs or ANYTHING other than the action/sounds/presentation/replays etc of what the game offered at its most basic level.
I am happy to say that I am around that same area with Madden now. I play the CPU almost exclusively and tweak and save replays with the highlight creator - FREAKIN AWESOME. And the Graphical nature of Madden these days is nothing short of stellar. I do play NCAA online franchise with some guys and its entertaining but I am much more of a "Use my fav team against all comers offline vs cpu or trying out different teams against teams I would never really see play my fav team" kind of player. I do plan on playing FRanchise this year in Madden though.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 18

For me it's simple. That feeling of emulating real life in a video game. Where digital becomes reality and the mistakes or disappointments that happen on Sunday can be rectified through Madden.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
and in my case, win Patriots style [in before cheating joke]
All we have to do is look at your profile and see the gobs of videos you've made!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »