Home

What I'd Like to See: Dynamic (Player-Specific) Injuries

This is a discussion on What I'd Like to See: Dynamic (Player-Specific) Injuries within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon3 What I'd Like to See: Dynamic (Player-Specific) Injuries

Instead of there being only a high or low number for the INJ rating, I'd like to see real NFL players carry a tendency to certain injuries. For example, Aaron Rodgers is pretty durable for the most part, but he has had some concussion problems. It would be cool to see in the game that when he gets injured, more than likely, it would be a concussion injury, and his estimated time away from the game would be more realistic.

It seems there are a lot of broken collarbones or other strange injuries that happen at random. I understand that a lot of injuries may be random, but some players have lingering injuries, like Correll Buckhalter and his knee injuries, Reggie Bush and his knee and fibula injuries, Chad Pennington and his shoulder problems, Steve McNair and his lingering injuries, Steve Smith's litany of bumps and bruises, Joseph Addai, Early Doucet, Donovan McNabb, Matthew Stafford, etc.

I don't want to see Madden riddled with injuries, but those who are more injury prone should have injuries, when they happen, that reflect those sustained in real life.

Also, when scouting rookies, it would be great if a report were to come back about a player being injury prone and if the report would let us in on what kind of injury. I might think twice about drafting a RB who has a history of knee problems (Willis McGahee) or collarbone problems (Cadillac Williams), a QB with a history of shoulder problems (Colt McCoy), or a defensive end with knee problems (Da'Quan Bowers).

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What I'd Like to See: Dynamic (Player-Specific) Injuries

They had this in NFL Head Coach. Yet another thing from that series that I would love to see in Madden
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

I love the idea but the chances of it being done properly are slim. I wouldn't be surprised if some players ended up with 5 or 6 concussions a year, but if done correctly it could be great.

I think "Dynamic Injuries" should be something like if a player sustains a serious knee injury that ends there season some of there ratings should be dropped just a little. If Devin Hester tears his ACL, he should go from 98 speed to about 93 or 94. Nothing too drastic, but just a subtle change that I think could go a long way but again, it most likely won't be done properly..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I run an online text based football game, deeproute.com and we have this. There's a variety of different impacts, but it's player-specific and dynamic.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

PLACT15's Arena

OVR: 0

I want to make a Steve McNair joke so bad right now but I'm
Afraid I'll get banned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Deeproute is great Que
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

good idea, if implemented correctly would be nice, also would like dynamic injuries where its not random but guys ge hurt based off of exactly what happens to them, if they get hit low its a leg injury not a broken collarbone.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
Deeproute is great Que
Thanks man!

Deeproute is a free to play GM/Coach simulator, and it's awesome.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeepRoute/102615446464773

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »