Home

2 minute warning - The NEW most exciting moment in the NFL!

This is a discussion on 2 minute warning - The NEW most exciting moment in the NFL! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2 minute warning - The NEW most exciting moment in the NFL!

I'll preface this by saying: I really, really, really hope the retail version of Madden 12 does not suffer from the issue I faced in this demo.

So, I'm playing the demo. I'm the Bears. It's the 4th Quarter, I'm up 20-12 with about 4 minutes left.

Green Bay gets the ball, and marches it all the way down the field on me, scoring a TD with about 2:25 left. They miss the 2 pt. conversion. I'm still up 20-18, but lots of time left, I still need to put this away.

GB kicks off, Johnny Knox takes the ball 1 yard deep in the endzone, makes a guy miss, follows some blocks and cuts it up the middle, nobody in front of him, he takes it 101 yards for a clinching TD, 1:58 left on the clock!!!

How do the Bears celebrate? By standing in a circle, drinking water with their hands on their hips?? Because it's the 2 minute warning???? WTF? No TD celebration, no fans cheering, nothing. The 2 minute warning cut scene obliterated my game clinching TD celebration.

How incredibly Madden-like... take the most exciting play of the game, and make it feel like Sunday brunch at Grandma's house.

Once again, I REALLY hope this is only a demo issue... but my nearly 20 years of Madden experience make me pessimistic.

Last edited by Beeks; 08-15-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Typical....I don't believe madden highlights certain plays like what u mentioned....that 2min cut scene just played out...

Lame for sure....but what do expect from a game that's still like 8 + yrs in the past ....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16
Sounds like it might just be a demo thing, hopefully
Old 08-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: 2 minute warning - The NEW most exciting moment in the NFL!

Always happens to me, the camera suddenly shows a completely random part of the stadium, and I'm left waiting WTF? until I see the 2 minute warning banner.

Unreal...
Old 08-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

The Bears need to sign this Josh Knox guy.

Yeah, this has been a gripe for years, with me. Cut scenes, animations, the crowd, the announcers, none of it really comes together. I hate scoring a winning TD, only to hear Collinsworth go off about how important this or that is. Or, to have a hail mary tossed deep and hear "he's going for it all!!" and then when the ball hits the ground, it's back to the tea party. "Yes, lovely day, quite lovely for tea." "Mmm! Indeed." *sips his tea*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16
Hopefully the new audio technology they've talked about will help to greatly improve that next year and moving forward. I wouldn't count it out with their focus on presentation this year with the new tickers, overlays, and camera angles. I'm excited for what future iterations of this game appear poised to accomplish
Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The Bears need to sign this Josh Knox guy.
My bad, Johnny, fixed.

That's how mad I was, I couldn't even remember his damn name! Hahaha. I read somewhere that a guy was specifically assigned to continuity on NHL 12 to make sure crap like this doesn't happen with cut scenes. Madden needs the same thing.

Last edited by Beeks; 08-15-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

For this matter...I also hope they fix the fact that it's so easy to score during the final two minutes...I've had many a defensive gem ruined buy 2-3 scores in the last 2 minutes....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »